Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

title of movie

sandra86

I am trying to find the title of a movie I saw many years ago, probably in the 70's. I think the movie takes place in a boarding school. There is a scene where a student is made to stand all day and night in a rainstorm. 

Not sure if you mean you watched the film in the '70's and it was a '70's film, or watched it in the '70's and it was an older film. JANE EYRE (1944) - has that scene of Peggy Ann Garner as Jane when she was a little girl and Elizabeth Taylor as a little girl being made to stand out in the rain by the cruel Mr Brocklehurst, headmaster. There are many versions of JANE EYRE. The 1944 version stars Joan Fontaine as the grown Jane and Orson Welles as Mr. Rochester. It's a superb film.Hope that helps.

You can see various versions of the story on YouTube, including the Fontaine/Wells, and the Virginia Bruce/Colin Clive (1934) movies.  There also used to be the Susannah York/George C. Scott version, but that has vanished.  There are also a couple of miniseries adaptations available.

I watched the 1944 version of Jane Eyre last night. Although I enjoyed the movie, it was not the one I am looking for. The rain scene was not as I remembered it. The scene I remember was very dark and pouring rain. One student confronted a teacher/headmistress after the other child had spent all night outside. I think the teacher had forgotten that the child was still outside.  I will continue to watch different versions of Jane Eyre. Thanks again for pointing this movie out to me.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings