Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Identify this plot???

OML

Twice in past years I have watched this movie. Searching the actors involved I cannot find it.

Actors--Gergory Peck and Lee J Cobb. I cannot recall the actress.

The plot:

Peck was a returning Vet from WW11. He was working in a high rise office bldg. The elevator operator recognized Peck as he was in Peck's company during the war in Italy. The elevator operator had married an Italian woman who had a sister that Peck had had an affair with. She became pregnant, but Peck was unaware until the elevator operator informed him. Peck is married during the war and had to inform his wife of the situation.(oh boy!) In the end they went to Lee J Cobb(a judge)and set up an allotment for the Italian boy born of  the affair.

Since this does not show up during a search--- could it be that this was a movie made for TV?

Anyone have any ideas about this?  Its really bugging me that I cannot find it!

Jerry 

Twice in past years I have watched this movie. Searching the actors involved I cannot find it.

Actors--Gergory Peck and Lee J Cobb. I cannot recall the actress.

The plot:

Peck was a returning Vet from WW11. He was working in a high rise office bldg. The elevator operator recognized Peck as he was in Peck's company during the war in Italy. The elevator operator had married an Italian woman who had a sister that Peck had had an affair with. She became pregnant, but Peck was unaware until the elevator operator informed him. Peck is married during the war and had to inform his wife of the situation.(oh boy!) In the end they went to Lee J Cobb(a judge)and set up an allotment for the Italian boy born of  the affair.

Since this does not show up during a search--- could it be that this was a movie made for TV?

Anyone have any ideas about this?  Its really bugging me that I cannot find it!

Jerry 

The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit,  released in 1956. 

Thank you, that was fast---I had dismissed "Gray Flannel Suit" because I only remembered about Peck taking over the business of March.

Well I wasn't sure at first based on the plot clues you gave but as soon as I saw that Cobb played a judge I knew GFS was the movie. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings