Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question About THE INCIDENT (1967)......

MultiEye

I remember watching this film called "The Incident" which I believe was on TCM a few years ago. It has a very young Martin Sheen in it & I was wondering why it is not released. The film got my attention enough to watch & sit through it, even though the main movie is on a subway or something. I enjoyed it & would like to know why it was on TV & not available to get. Anyone see the flick or know about this? Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incident_%281967_film%29

The_Incident_%281967_film%29.jpgEditors-Pick-The-Incident1.jpg

I've recorded The Incident twice from the Fox Movie Channel, in August and September of 2011.  I know it's been on that channel many times since, but I don't know when the last time was.  Great movie, kind of a variant on The Blackboard Jungle, only a lot scarier. 

As always, I recommend a good recorder and a constant monitoring of the movie channel schedules for anything  you don't see available for sale anywhere.  You'd be amazed how many movies you can get just by eagle eying TCM and the Fox Movie Channel, although after a while the latter gets very repetitious.   But TCM's overnight and daytime schedules are like a gold mine of rarities.  Once you get past the AFI Top 100, that's where all the real stuff is to be found.

• Like 1

'THE INCIDENT' was released on VHS by 'CBS/Fox Video' in 1989.  It's not that hard to find, but the question is:  How much would you want to pay for an original CBS/Fox tape?  There's several of them for sale on Amazon, including the usual quota delusional sellers who are asking way too much.  I bought it new in the mid-1990s for $29.99 + FL sales tax.  All the video stores I frequented back then didn't keep videos in stock that retailed over $19.99 so you'd have to special order anything higher-priced.  I wanted to own it so I snagged it; $29.99 didn't seem unreasonable.

On the videocassette label it says in all capital letters:

SUGGESTED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES

• Like 1

'THE INCIDENT' was released on VHS by 'CBS/Fox Video' in 1989.  It's not that hard to find, but the question is:  How much would you want to pay for an original CBS/Fox tape?  There's several of them for sale on Amazon, including the usual quota delusional sellers who are asking way too much.  I bought it new in the mid-1990s for $29.99 + FL sales tax.  All the video stores I frequented back then didn't keep videos in stock that retailed over $19.99 so you'd have to special order anything higher-priced.  I wanted to own it so I snagged it; $29.99 didn't seem unreasonable.

On the videocassette label it says in all capital letters:

SUGGESTED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES

I don't care enough to rig up my VHS again. lol All I wanted to know is why they never re-released it on DVD or Blu-Ray. Martin Sheens FIRST MOVIE ROLE EVER!!!!!!!!! I mean it definitely got my attention as I really didn't plan on catching a whole flick at the time, then it really inspired me film wise, with the shots for its time, & the acting was excellent. I liked the idea that it was like a real life plot & story that could've happened to anyone, but was obviously amplified for movie entertainment purposes.

I don't care enough to rig up my VHS again. lol All I wanted to know is why they never re-released it on DVD or Blu-Ray. Martin Sheens FIRST MOVIE ROLE EVER!!!!!!!!! I mean it definitely got my attention as I really didn't plan on catching a whole flick at the time, then it really inspired me film wise, with the shots for its time, & the acting was excellent. I liked the idea that it was like a real life plot & story that could've happened to anyone, but was obviously amplified for movie entertainment purposes. Wouldn't doubt if someone uploaded it to Youtube, & if not then it's about time someone should, cause honeslY if I didn't aske when I did it could've been a long time before someone else just so happens to bring it up you know. Let's be as realistic as we can here.

Hi, MultiEye. I can't answer your question about availability, though it seems to happen quite often that a film will be rented and have no DVD release. It's a Fox movie, so maybe it has shown on their movie channel?

However, this film is available on YT. Where the uploader got their copy I have no clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3NspheBymc

Thanks a lot, I usualy look up these things, but you beat me to it. lol Thanks

Hi, MultiEye. I can't answer your question about availability, though it seems to happen quite often that a film will be rented and have no DVD release. It's a Fox movie, so maybe it has shown on their movie channel?

However, this film is available on YT. Where the uploader got their copy I have no clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3NspheBymc

Okay, whose got the cards! :) 

14o3eo3.jpg

I caught part of THE INCIDENT a couple of years ago on TCM and was captivated by its documentary-like style. 

I requested that it be aired again on TCM's Request a Movie page, but alas my plea has thus far gone unanswered.

( . . . or maybe the answer was "Oh no, Anita, no, you should know better  . . .")  

• Like 1

I don't care enough to rig up my VHS again. lol All I wanted to know is why they never re-released it on DVD or Blu-Ray. Martin Sheens FIRST MOVIE ROLE EVER!!!!!!!!! I mean it definitely got my attention as I really didn't plan on catching a whole flick at the time, then it really inspired me film wise, with the shots for its time, & the acting was excellent. I liked the idea that it was like a real life plot & story that could've happened to anyone, but was obviously amplified for movie entertainment purposes.

There are more movies being released on DVD.  For example:  James Garner's Legalese and Andy Griffin's The girl in the Empty Grave.   BTW, Leagalese is rated R, but is really a PG by today's standards.  One problem with releasing DVD's is getting the rights to all the music. This has prevented a lot of TV series from coming to DVD.

Of course, the big decider is whether there is a reasonable market for it.

• Like 1

I caught part of THE INCIDENT a couple of years ago on TCM and was captivated by its documentary-like style. 

I requested that it be aired again on TCM's Request a Movie page, but alas my plea has thus far gone unanswered.

( . . . or maybe the answer was "Oh no, Anita, no, you should know better  . . .")  

Nice, please let us know if they will air it again on TCM, cause I shall DVR it in the clear srisp qulaity & get the awesome info by the awesome Robert Osbourne, who I have learned for from than any other film host ever.

There are more movies being released on DVD.  For example:  James Garner's Legalese and Andy Griffin's The girl in the Empty Grave.   BTW, Leagalese is rated R, but is really a PG by today's standards.  One problem with releasing DVD's is getting the rights to all the music. This has prevented a lot of TV series from coming to DVD.

Of course, the big decider is whether there is a reasonable market for it.

Yeah isn't there like an official list by MGM, WB, RKO, & all those classic studios, that have all the films they have yet to release?

Nice, please let us know if they will air it again on TCM, cause I shall DVR it in the clear srisp qulaity & get the awesome info by the awesome Robert Osbourne, who I have learned for from than any other film host ever.

Assuming TCM doesn't pre-empt it without notice.  Have recorded movies at night only to find out TCM pre-empted them for something else.  Had not even informed Charter cable of the changes.