Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fan Mail Addresses

BlueLily

There use to companies that sold lists of fan mail addresses, but in this day of the internet, I don't know if they still exist.  Have you tried doing a "Google" search for companies like that? The tried and true method always seemed to be writing in care of the whatever studio released the person's last film or TV show. Eventually, fan mail would catch up to them.  It use to be that the Screen Actor's Guild had a mail forwarding service for its members, but they stopped that years ago. Good luck.

There use to companies that sold lists of fan mail addresses, but in this day of the internet, I don't know if they still exist.  Have you tried doing a "Google" search for companies like that? The tried and true method always seemed to be writing in care of the whatever studio released the person's last film or TV show. Eventually, fan mail would catch up to them.  It use to be that the Screen Actor's Guild had a mail forwarding service for its members, but they stopped that years ago. Good luck.

Your post gives me the idea to search for a star's Website.  There should be information there on how to contact them.

Maybe write c/o the agency which represents them?  The agencies could probably be found with a little Googling.

A few decades ago I read an article about Lillian Gish (written around the time of her AFI honor), which mentioned the street she lived on in NYC.  I sent her a card and it reached her, as she mailed back a lovely reply.  She wrote that mail addressed to only "Lillian Gish, Actress, United States of America" even arrived!  By the way, apparently she answered all of her fan mail, as in another note she said she had about 1200 more cards to send in reply to birthday wishes!  Truly a gracious, charming lady.

She wrote that mail addressed to only "Lillian Gish, Actress, United States of America" even arrived!

There was a time when letters adressed to a movie star like that got delivered, but I suspect those days are long gone. Back  then there were real live people looking at each address who could make decisions as to where a letter went, today mail is read and sorted by machines and if one don't have a proper address it gets returned. I remember, a few years ago there was a big flap because thousands of letters addressed simply to Santa Claus, North Pole got returned for lack of a state. 

Incidently, I met Lilian Gish once myself. She signed a copy of her book for me and was indeed a very gracious lady.

There was a time when letters adressed to a movie star like that got delivered, but I suspect those days are long gone. Back  then there were real live people looking at each address who could make decisions as to where a letter went, today mail is read and sorted by machines and if one don't have a proper address it gets returned. I remember, a few years ago there was a big flap because thousands of letters addressed simply to Santa Claus, North Pole got returned for lack of a state. 

Incidently, I met Lilian Gish once myself. She signed a copy of her book for me and was indeed a very gracious lady.

I"m sure you're right.  Sad about the Santa letters, though.  Miracle on 34th Street suddenly comes to mind!!

You met her, how wonderful!  I was very taken with her sense of obligation replying to her fans, and by hand.  I treasure my little stash of her notes.