Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

who was that actor - you remember...

whiteflag

Trying to remember the name of an older actor from films circa 50's-60's. I believe he played in old war movies. He had a squarish head, small, grey hair, but his bangs were always combed forward. His hair was thin. Clean shaven. I don't think he was very tall, but stout. I don't remember much more than that, other than I don't this k he was a leading man type actor. His most memorable feature was how his bangs came down over his forhead.

Not much to go on, but he would have reminded you of Popeye - the cartoon - in a way, face wise. I see him in my minds eye and anyone I ask knows who I'm talking about, but no one knows his name.

If anyone knows, would really appreciate a name.

Thanks

Nice pic but that isn't the guy. He was a serious actor, in at least one drama. The reason I want to know is that my father, on some of his more gnarly days looks like him. I'll try to upload his pic to see if it triggers anyone else's memory.

post-42807-0-59637900-1407085044_thumb.jpg

post-42807-0-59637900-1407085044_thumb.jpg

Got it! Once my mom saw the actual picture she knew right away. Its William Demarest, best known as Uncle Charley on My Three Sons, but apparently also has long list of movie credits and even has his own star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. He never registered with me as Uncle Charlie. Must have been from one of his other shows/movies.

But mystery solved. Thanks Kid_Dabb for the photo - that was all I needed.

Thanks again.

Got it! Once my mom saw the actual picture she knew right away. Its William Demarest, best known as Uncle Charley on My Three Sons, but apparently also has long list of movie credits and even has his own star on Hollywood Walk of Fame. He never registered with me as Uncle Charlie. Must have been from one of his other shows/movies.

But mystery solved. Thanks Kid_Dabb for the photo - that was all I needed.

Thanks again.

:lol:

You are very welcome. I'm almost as happy about this as you are!