Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unknown Title of Chicago Movie

FORD988

I'm looking for the title of an obscure movie that played once on TCM. It takes place in Chicago in the 1940s. The specific line/scene I remember is that in a police station or newsroom the phone rings and an address is given. The man says "800 East" and the other man says something like "why thats Cottage Grove". The scene than changes. What is the name of this movie. Thanks you.

• 10 months later...

That's an elevated train station:

Cottage Grove (formerly and still known as East 63rd-Cottage Grove) is a station on the Chicago Transit Authority's 'L' system, serving the Green Line's East 63rd branch and the Woodlawn neighborhood. The station is situated at 800 E 63rd Street. The station opened on April 23, 1893. This station is the current terminal of the East 63rd branch of the Green Line, and the easternmost station on the entire 'L' system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottage_Grove_%28CTA_station%29

cottagegrove07t.jpg

I'm looking for the title of an obscure movie that played once on TCM. It takes place in Chicago in the 1940s. The specific line/scene I remember is that in a police station or newsroom the phone rings and an address is given. The man says "800 East" and the other man says something like "why thats Cottage Grove". The scene than changes. What is the name of this movie. Thanks you.

Try Chicago Deadline with Alan Ladd,  Arthur Kennedy, and Donna Reed (1949).