Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

greatest love story,

Good question...I bet there will be A LOT of different responses. This is actually hard. Personally, I like History is Made at Night with Charles Boyer and Jean Arthur. But, (and these two may count as kinda love stories) I also really liked Tea and Sympathy with Deborah Kerr and John Kerr and The Constant Nymph with Charles Boyer (again) and Joan Fontaine. Those last two movies deal with a older person (Deborah Kerr in the first one, Boyer in the second one) and a younger person (John Kerr in the first, Fontaine disguised as younger in the second). Nothing ever happens, but I thought they were beautiful stories nonetheless.

I do love Random Harvest, funny story, about a year ago I was reading the schedule and came across Random Harvest and decided I wanted to see it. Later that day I was helping my mother go through some of my grandmother's old boxes and came across the book Random Harvest. It was an original copy very old but it was wonderful, I read it and loved it and not to mention I loved the movie aswell.

I loudly second Random Harvest....a beautiful and very mature love story.

I'd also add Brief Encounter. It's one of the most honest love stories I've seen put to the screen...the characters are extremely believable and the acting is superlative.

1) Casablanca(1942)

2) Gone With The Wind(1939)

3) My Fair Lady(1964)

4) Wuthering Heights(1939)

5) Notorious(1946)

6) Roman Holiday(1953)

7) It Happened One Night(1934)

8) Splendor In The Grass(1961)

9) A Place In The Sun(1951)

10) Sunflower(1970)

11) Camille(1937)

12) Anna Karenina(1935)