Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can Anybody Identify This Western?

darkblue

Saw if when I was about 10-12 years old.

A late 50's or early 60's film, I presume.

All I remember is:

Near the beginning of the movie (I think), a man is trapped in a cabin and the murderous men outside set it on fire. He survives by crawling under a floorboard or trap door in the floor or something, lies there, and emerges from it amidst the smoking remains. The men have presumed he died and left.

The very end - he rescues a woman -  she's completely naked. He wraps a blanket around her and she gets up behind him on the horse and they ride away. The end.

For years I thought it was a Rory Calhoun western - but I've never been able to find a mention of the above scenes in IMDb comments, so I'm still not sure.

The only thing I remember about anything relayed to a naked woman part was from "Heaven With A Gun" with Barbara Hershey. It doesn't go with the first part though. (She played an Indian girl who near the end was attacked and had her dress ripped off.) 

I've not seen "Red Sundown" so I'm of little help.

Good luck as it is starting to make me think too hard.

Thanks for thinking about it, movieman.

As I was only around 11 when I saw it, it couldn't be Barbara Hershey that was in it. She was just a child then.

I saw it twice at one of my neighborhood theaters (the Biltmore, specifically). Been driving me crazy trying to attach the title to the memory of it.

Saw if when I was about 10-12 years old.

A late 50's or early 60's film, I presume.

All I remember is:

Near the beginning of the movie (I think), a man is trapped in a cabin and the murderous men outside set it on fire. He survives by crawling under a floorboard or trap door in the floor or something, lies there, and emerges from it amidst the smoking remains. The men have presumed he died and left.

The very end - he rescues a woman -  she's completely naked. He wraps a blanket around her and she gets up behind him on the horse and they ride away. The end.

For years I thought it was a Rory Calhoun western - but I've never been able to find a mention of the above scenes in IMDb comments, so I'm still not sure.

Hmmmm...."Man of the West"(1958) with Gary Cooper, possibly dark?

I do remember Coop crawling under the deck of an old abandoned bank in a ghost town while shooting one of the villains in it, and I remember there's also a scene in which his leading lady played by Julie London is forced to strip almost naked by a couple of those villains which include Lee J. Cobb and a young Jack Lord.

Hmmmm...."Man of the West"(1958) with Gary Cooper, possibly dark?

I do remember Coop crawling under the deck of an old abandoned bank in a ghost town while shooting one of the villains in it, and I remember there's also a scene in which his leading lady played by Julie London is forced to strip almost naked by a couple of those villains which include Lee J. Cobb and a young Jack Lord.

Thanks for the suggestion, Dargs. But, nope - 'Man of the West' is not the one.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings