Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those whom would be interested. . . .

slaytonf

. . . .Charade is playing on Cozi TV tonight, or tomorrow morning at 1:00 a. m., Pacific time.  Audrey Hepburn has a day, this SUTS month, and a number of posters have commented on movies they'd like to see that aren't scheduled.  This might help a little to fill in the gaps.  I know there are commercials, but if you record it, you can edit them out.

. . . .Charade is playing on Cozi TV tonight, or tomorrow morning at 1:00 a. m., Pacific time.  Audrey Hepburn has a day, this SUTS month, and a number of posters have commented on movies they'd like to see that aren't scheduled.  This might help a little to fill in the gaps.  I know there are commercials, but if you record it, you can edit them out.

This is a bit of a surprise, I didn't know there is another film with the same title "Charade" (1953) starring James Mason. I'm posting it on Fred's "Old Movies on Youtube" thread.

Sorry but Audrey Hepburn will have to be purchased, no Youtube freebies. :(

This is a bit of a surprise, I didn't know there is another film with the same title "Charade" (1953) starring James Mason. I'm posting it on Fred's "Old Movies on Youtube" thread.

Sorry but Audrey Hepburn will have to be purchased, no Youtube freebies. :(

Audrey's Charade used to be available for viewing on YT, but, alas, now must be purchased.  My Time Warner channel info says this is the Charade that will air--but it has been wrong before.  The Cozi Website also indicates it is the Hepburn Charade, not the James Mason one that will air.

I love "Charade." It has been called "the best movie Hitchcock never made." Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn were great together. I wish they had done more films together.

I also wish people would stop saying that.  It really does a terrible disservice to the director who made it, especially since there is so little 'Hitchcockian' about its style.  Instead, I would rather hear "It is one of the best movies Stanley Donen ever made."

Check out Audrey Hepburn and Stanley Donen's other collaborations:  Funny Face, and Two For the Road.

• Like 1

I also wish people would stop saying that.  It really does a terrible disservice to the director who made it, especially since there is so little 'Hitchcockian' about its style.  Instead, I would rather hear "It is one of the best movies Stanley Donen ever made."

Check out Audrey Hepburn and Stanley Donen's other collaborations:  Funny Face, and Two For the Road.

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I found Donen's use of the macguffin (the stamps) similar to Hitchcock. I wasn't trying to diminish Donen's work. I find him quite talented-- especially in his collaborations with Gene Kelly. I have seen "Funny Face ," in fact, it's one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn films.

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I found Donen's use of the macguffin (the stamps) similar to Hitchcock. I wasn't trying to diminish Donen's work. I find him quite talented-- especially in his collaborations with Gene Kelly. I have seen "Funny Face ," in fact, it's one of my favorite Audrey Hepburn films.

Don't worry, I didn't take it as offense.  It's just one of those--I don't know what you would call them--viruses, or self-perpetuating tags that go along with something.  Quips that always get recalled when a film is discussed.  Most of the time they highlight a curious detail, or are unimportant.  But in this case, it unfairly serves to take attention away.  You certainly didn't start it.  I believe I've heard Robert Osborne say it more than once.  I hope I can start an antidote, as it were.

Oh, it just started, and it is the Hepburn Charade that's playing.  It's  a bad print and panned/scanned.  Oh, well. . . .

I saw CHARADE when it came out and was quite taken with it.  I was blown away at the beginning when all those dudes walked into the funeral home and placed mirrors under the nose and stuck pins in the corpse to make sure it(he) was dead.  Of course, I was 13 years old at the time, and really no sharp judge of "cinematic art".

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings