Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, lets brag about our economy TVs

NipkowDisc

I'm one of your el cheapo cornball types and will brag about any economy purchase. It was a leftover 2012 item and got it for just 160 bucks and that's including tax. :D  For just 160 bucks I got me a 32" LED TV with a built-in DVD player. I'm not one of those finicky Ultra HD pixel-splitters so 720p is just fine for me. It's one of those ultra slim edge-lit deals and it has a dynamic contrast ratio of 200,000:1 

How da ya like them there pixels? :)

I'm one of your el cheapo cornball types and will brag about any economy purchase. It was a leftover 2012 item and got it for just 160 bucks and that's including tax. :D  For just 160 bucks I got me a 32" LED TV with a built-in DVD player. I'm not one of those finicky Ultra HD pixel-splitters so 720p is just fine for me. It's one of those ultra slim edge-lit deals and it has a dynamic contrast ratio of 200,000:1 
How da ya like them there pixels? :)

When you said economical, I thought of one of these. :P

flat-screen-tv-is-here.jpg

I recently got a virtually new 17" KDS monitor for my computer.  Cost me $0 , can't get any more economical than that. Still look like it came from the factory.

Small photo of one like mine

mjhC9n_chXaSScwF3mZshjg.jpg

When you said economical, I thought of one of these. :P

flat-screen-tv-is-here.jpg

I recently got a virtually new 17" KDS monitor for my computer.  Cost me $0 , can't get any more economical than that. Still look like it came from the factory.

Small photo of one like mine

mjhC9n_chXaSScwF3mZshjg.jpg

Not bad. I'm still using a 17" crt monitor myself. :)

...and my TV's built-in DVD player is really neato too. :)  No tray but a slot. You stick a DVD in about half an inch and it gets sucked right in. Hold the tray just gimme a slot.  :lol:

I've seen that type before. Gives new meaning to this TV sucks.  :lol: 

x647LTV32w4-o_dvd.jpeg

Well I can brag about how cheap my 42 inch flat screen Vizio was because it was FREE.

My wife and I were staying at her godmother's vacation home in Palm Springs.   The godmother's son (who is like a brother to my wife) shows up (as planned) and he has this nice 3 months old TV.    I help him set in up in his parents bedroom.  

Right after we are done setting it up,  his mother shows up (this was planned also).   She goes into her bedroom and see the large TV.   She says 'I don't want that big TV in this room,,,  James,  do you want it,  take it'.   

After she leaese I say to her son 'hey,  I don't want to take the T.V. since it was your TV'.  He says 'well,  I gave it to my mom and she just gave it to you so,  it is your TV now.   Don't feel guilty,  I'm OK with this'.  

So when we left for the weekend we loaded the TV into my SUV.   

Well I can brag about how cheap my 42 inch flat screen Vizio was because it was FREE.

My wife and I were staying at her godmother's vacation home in Palm Springs.   The godmother's son (who is like a brother to my wife) shows up (as planned) and he has this nice 3 months old TV.    I help him set in up in his parents bedroom.  

Right after we are done setting it up,  his mother shows up (this was planned also).   She goes into her bedroom and see the large TV.   She says 'I don't want that big TV in this room,,,  James,  do you want it,  take it'.   

After she leaese I say to her son 'hey,  I don't want to take the T.V. since it was your TV'.  He says 'well,  I gave it to my mom and she just gave it to you so,  it is your TV now.   Don't feel guilty,  I'm OK with this'.  

So when we left for the weekend we loaded the TV into my SUV.   

That was fortuitous.  :)