Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NOTHING SACRED

HoldenIsHere

This is the best print of it I've ever seen.  Is this the reputedly 'restored' edition?  Even so, it still has a muddy cast to it.  Can't be the Technicolor.  I've seen shorts from the same and earlier years with brilliant, crisp colors.  The sound also seems muted.  Perhaps there is no original negative to work with.

and lombard's co-stars in this flick, march and winninger, both (ahem) hail from wisconsin.     :D

NOTHING SACRED is a great comedy from William Wellman, one of the most versatile movie directors ever, featuring Carole Lombarde in color.

I'm glad TCM is airing it as part of her tribute.

220px-Carole_Lombard_in_Nothing_Sacred.j

NOTHING SACRED is a great comedy from William Wellman, one of the most versatile movie directors ever, featuring Carole Lombarde in color.

I'm glad TCM is airing it as part of her tribute.

220px-Carole_Lombard_in_Nothing_Sacred.j

Yes, and don't forget David Selznick as the producer of this picture. He produced Lombard in MADE FOR EACH OTHER, too. 

This is the best print of it I've ever seen.  Is this the reputedly 'restored' edition?  Even so, it still has a muddy cast to it.  Can't be the Technicolor.  I've seen shorts from the same and earlier years with brilliant, crisp colors.  The sound also seems muted.  Perhaps there is no original negative to work with.

I believe it was a vintage dye transfer print - not ideal for a modern transfer.  Most of the "crisp" shorts you see on TCM are restorations on newer film stocks.  The sound was probably variable density that was dialed down to eliminate unwelcome (to fussy engineers) hiss.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings