Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robin Williams has died!

filmlover

Truly shocking news, all the more terrible if the early reports of Robin Williams' death being a suicide are true.

To think that one of the funniest minds we've ever known was also dominated with such demons and addictions. How often he must have laughed through the pain. At the end, though, it appears that his pain was too great.

I makes me think of John Belushi's death. Williams was one of the last to see him.

Damn! At first I thought it was one of those faux deaths that the internet likes to stirup. But, no. Let the questions begin. Sorry. Depression is one hell of a thing. I could only take him in small doses but I always felt he was a genius.

this is sad news.

i remember being in San Francisco in '83 on a business conference trip with my girlfriend who had tagged along just to see the city. i contacted a high school friend who happened to be living in San Francisco and he suggested that we visit one of the comedy clubs in the area where the "hungry i" was located. he mentioned that Robin Williams was sometimes seen in that area.

well, we picked a club where the comedienne/raconteur Jane Dornecker was appearing, and lo and behold in walked Robin Williams early in the first set and sat alone at the bar. a little while later my girlfriend (who was a smitten stargazer if there ever was one) turned to me and said "...he laughs just like Mork from Ork."

farewell to "the funniest person on the planet." this loss is especially tragic.

I just saw on the news a couple of hours ago, and still in tears. 

It's sad to think that a man with his extraordinary gifts would go out like that, but he did suffer with depression and addiction in his life. I remember reading when he recalled his time in rehab in the '80s, about one time he was very suicidal. 

Depression can often lead to suicidal thoughts and actions- the correlation creates causation very very quickly. 

My heart goes out to his family. Such a tragic loss. Just goes to show you can't brush off suicidal thoughts, especially expressed by another person. 

May he rest in peace. 

So sad :( Although primarily known for his comedy which was great. He had a good body of film work with three to four more films yet to be released. I probably liked him best in "Dead Poets Society" and "Good Will Hunting".

post-38616-0-51800800-1407808783_thumb.jpg

Rest in Peace!

post-38616-0-51800800-1407808783_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This seems so incredibly sudden--and he seemed so young. What a manic talent he was. Kids in my age bracket know him best as Peter Pan in HOOK and, of couse, the Genie in ALADDIN, but I love him best, honestly, doing straight out improv, as he did on WHOSE LINE. So glad for his work but even more glad I was never his teacher. ;)

l_102057_5dcf01ad.jpg25886_1215103897301_500_281.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings