Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NATALIE WOOD "SNUBBED" AGAIN in "Summer Under Stars!"

spencerl964

I was just recently replying to ol' buddy & fellow FL resident Mongo-(yet another poor soul down here)

Anyhow, he mentioned something about: Natasha Gurdin-(Natalie Wood)(1938-81)-(July 20th, was also her birthday & he handles those on here & with 4 star excellence!

This is mainly directed to tcmprogrammer,etc-(& please do reply this time)

It's absolutely marvelous that TCM has this annual "Summer Under the Stars!" & I know you cannot cover every star. However, this is the 3rd consecutive year that she was left out???

I know this for a fact, due to me having the past covers on "Walls-of-Fame" in here-(P.S. not all "Now Playing Guides" I mean the "S.U.S" one's & quite a few other special covers-(to this viewer anyway)

& in particular when they have given the likes of: Doris Day-(I know she has a huge contingent of fans & was B.O. champ for 4yrs. However, Natalie was nominated 3 times for the ACADEMY AWARD-(SIDEBAR: & WB's really, really, was positive from dailies, she would actually "Walk Down-the-Aisle" for '65's "Inside Daisy Clover"-(she wasn't even nominated though?) & I know of a few fellow TCM-ITES on here, that truy believe she deserved Best Actress as Denee in 1961's "Splendor in the Grass"-(it won for it's script though)

Not to mention a small Musical that same yr. called: *"West Side Story"-(won 10 OSCARS!)

Last yrs "S.U.S." also had a day for-(& I like her too, but she was more of a tv-icon/legend, than cinema>Lucille Ball-(1911-89)

Natalie made 50 films & of course she's among the few child stars that made the transition, from classics like: "Miracle on 34th Street" (1947) (Fox) to of course 1955's "Rebel Without a Cause"-(her 1st shot at an OSCAR)

TCM does air her flix quite a lot too, that is the most bizarre part?

Well, I reckon' there is always next year. But, it is still unfair!