Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lauren Becall

kaslovesTCM

Truly a legend.  A great loss.  

Which day in September will get bumped for the 24 hour Memorial Tribute that is sure to come our way?

There's already a daytime Bacall salute scheduled for Tuesday, September 16th, which would have been her 90th birthday.

Very rainy night in New York, but the local media are reporting live from the Upper West Side, in front of the Dakota, on 72nd Street and Central Park West, where Bronx-born Lauren Bacall lived for so many years. We lost Eli Wallach, another Upper West Sider, a few months ago. Great losses to the neighborhood and to America.

• Like 1

September 16th.  It would make sense for TCM to extend the Lauren Bacall birthday tribute into the primetime schedule. The  wait isn't that long and I think her family and friends would appreciate it more as a celebration of her birthday.

Please TCM , DON'T change the September 16 schedule as it stands now. The Jewish Experience on Film is something I am looking forward to. Find another day for her well deserved tribute. As a person of Jewish heritage herself, I am sure Lauren Bacall would agree with me.

First thing this morning, I got online and the AOL homepage "thingie" that shows news items in a "slide show" type presentation had the news of her demise as it's leading story.  As she was what, 93?  It's not as surprising nor tragic as Robin William's death, but still sad news for those of us who loved her performances.  Finally gets to be back with Bogey.  Oh, and guess what?  No foolin'.....the SUN is shining particularily BRIGHT this morning!

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings