Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Williams/Bacall

natcadude

Probably. It will likely come in early September. Lauren Bacall will most definitely get a day, and she already has a daytime tribute scheduled for Sep. 16, but then prime time that day will be taken up with "The Projected Image," which will be running weekly all month long, so I doubt that will be bumped for an extended tribute. They'll probably bump a a different day for a 24hr tribute to her. I really hope that TCM will schedule the Private Screenings interview with her.

I don't know if TCM has the rights to enough Robin Williams movies to schedule a whole day, but I assume we'll get a few, anyway.

I would prefer that Jerry Lewis day (Sep. 11) be bumped, personally. I hope they leave Sep. 1st as it is, as there are good movies coming on all day long.

I'd love to see a day of his movies (please include Moscow on the Hudson), but just a memorium to begin with.  Come on guys!  Its been 2 days now.

Lauren Bacall was gone less then a day and you had hers up - what, did you have it completed already?

Show the man some respect, please!

xxoo

I'd love to see a day of his movies (please include Moscow on the Hudson), but just a memorium to begin with.  Come on guys!  Its been 2 days now.

Lauren Bacall was gone less then a day and you had hers up - what, did you have it completed already?

Chances are, TCM won't add a memorial day until Summer Under the Stars is over. I don't think they like to interfere with this month's scheduling.

The Lauren Bacall day on Sep. 16th, if that's the day you mean, was already scheduled before her passing. They might bump another day in addition to that one for her memorial tribute, but who knows.

Thanks for the update, Cody. I guess they bumped Bob's picks. I'm glad to see the Private Screenings interview was included, but oddly enough, both To Have and Have Not and How to Marry a Millionaire are getting two showings.

Thanks for the update, Cody. I guess they bumped Bob's picks. I'm glad to see the Private Screenings interview was included, but oddly enough, both To Have and Have Not and How to Marry a Millionaire are getting two showings.

What were Bob's picks?

Yes,it's official. There will be a tribute to Lauren Bacall beginning on Sept. 15 and concluding on Sept. 16. The Jewish Experience on Film theme for Sept. 16 will go on as originally scheduled. Topbilled had it right.

I just created a separate thread with the schedule for the Lauren Bacall memorial tribute.

What were Bob's picks?

I don't remember. I only figured that out because of TopBilled's Sep. schedule thread which listed the prime time themes. I only remember that one of them was The Oklahoma Kid with Cagney and Bogie.

Edit: Oops, TB put it up on his thread. Bob's picks were...

8:00 p.m. Background to Danger (1943)

9:45 p.m. Bombshell (1933)

11:45 p.m. Words and Music (1948)

2:00 a.m. The West Point Story (1950)

4:00 a.m. The Oklahoma Kid (1939)

Also, according to TB's thread, the schedule was changed so there are no repeat films on Bacall's day, which is good.

Thanks. Hopefully they'll be rescheduled........

I don't remember. I only figured that out because of TopBilled's Sep. schedule thread which listed the prime time themes. I only remember that one of them was The Oklahoma Kid with Cagney and Bogie.

Edit: Oops, TB put it up on his thread. Bob's picks were...

8:00 p.m. Background to Danger (1943)

9:45 p.m. Bombshell (1933)

11:45 p.m. Words and Music (1948)

2:00 a.m. The West Point Story (1950)

4:00 a.m. The Oklahoma Kid (1939)

Also, according to TB's thread, the schedule was changed so there are no repeat films on Bacall's day, which is good.

I agree the Robin Williams tribute will probably be shorter because of the smaller number of movies to which TCM has the rights. I feel certain there will be a day and a TCM Remembers. 

Remember that nobody anticipated Robin Williams' death so early and suddenly. Lauren Bacall will always be in the first rank of TCM stars - really one of their icons, which you can tell from any random assortment of their house ads - plus, she was almost 90. It makes sense that they probably had plans for Bacall's memorial in place, either edited to perfection or almost there, before she passed. Williams, much younger and still working in movies, couldn't possibly have had a TCM Remembers in the can.

Give it time. Haste doesn't equal respect, especially on a channel known for its gallantry and good manners (yes, Robert, I'm talking about you). 

I agree the Robin Williams tribute will probably be shorter because of the smaller number of movies to which TCM has the rights. I feel certain there will be a day and a TCM Remembers. 

Remember that nobody anticipated Robin Williams' death so early and suddenly. Lauren Bacall will always be in the first rank of TCM stars - really one of their icons, which you can tell from any random assortment of their house ads - plus, she was almost 90. It makes sense that they probably had plans for Bacall's memorial in place, either edited to perfection or almost there, before she passed. Williams, much younger and still working in movies, couldn't possibly have had a TCM Remembers in the can.

Give it time. Haste doesn't equal respect, especially on a channel known for its gallantry and good manners (yes, Robert, I'm talking about you). 

Has TCM ever had a TCM Remembers for an actor that never was in a Production Code (pre-1970) movie?

If so who were these actors?  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings