Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Question About the TCM REMEMBERS Videos:

Palmerin

Driving through the rain on lonely country roads is one of the most daunting challenges to the human spirit, equal to the effect of losing a beloved film personality.  Perhaps TCM chose this image to evoke that sense of loss and bewilderment.

• Like 1

Driving along, alone, when the only noise is coming from the rain on the windshield.   For me the video of the car driving in the rain invokes reflection.  Remembering a celebrated life now gone. I know for me when I'm often alone, driving in the rain, my mind does tend to wander, to reflect on past events ( or current ones ).  I actually find the sound of rain very peaceful.   So for me the videos are a peaceful reflection of a life well lived. 

Driving along, alone, when the only noise is coming from the rain on the windshield.   For me the video of the car driving in the rain invokes reflection.  Remembering a celebrated life now gone. I know for me when I'm often alone, driving in the rain, my mind does tend to wander, to reflect on past events ( or current ones ).  I actually find the sound of rain very peaceful.   So for me the videos are a peaceful reflection of a life well lived. 

The song is very good as well. For a moment, I had a horror that they were going to leave Bacall with those other guys, but thankfully they left with a shot of Baby and Bogey, as it should have been.