Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pay close attention to GUNGA DIN, the US and England are still fighing the Thuggee

The Thuggee were just explained in the GUNGA DIN movie on TCM. This is where we get our word for "thug".

West India eventually became Pakistan, which is next to Afghanistan. Thuggees are now spread all around the Middle East. We are fighting them right now in Northern Iraq.

Look it up on Google, and Google images. There are many history sources.

gunga-din-bound.JPG

The Thuggee were just explained in the GUNGA DIN movie on TCM. This is where we get our word for "thug".

West India eventually became Pakistan, which is next to Afghanistan. Thuggees are now spread all around the Middle East. We are fighting them right now in Northern Iraq.

What's going on in Iraq, I got a better term than thug.

Here's another movie you might be interested in.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/400011.The_Deceivers

400011.jpg

Well Abner Biberman (the guy on the right),  was a thug in many movies like His Girl Friday and Another Thin Man, but he also was a screenwriter and director.   

Likely not a good idea to depend on a Hollywood movie for a detailed

and nuanced look at a history topic. The Thuggees of that period

in India have nothing to do with the current ISIS group. They are

separate in time, place, and character.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ar/security/2013/11/syria-islamic-state-iraq-sham-growth.html#

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/12/world/meast/who-is-the-isis/

• 2 weeks later...

Thuggees are Hindus, not Moslems. They belong to a rather extreme form of Hinduism, related to the worship of the goddess Kali.  Stranglers of Bombay, which influenced Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, touches on the subject to some extent.

kalima.jpg

Thuggees are Hindus, not Moslems.  

I mean Thuggees and "Thugs" in a broad general sense. I.E. Crazy crackpot murderous primitive wild head-choppers.

It doesn't matter what they call themselves now, they are still crazy crackpot murderous wild head-choppers in the same countries, the same part of the world, doing the same things they did 100 years ago, 200 years ago, 2000 years ago, 5000 years ago, etc, and the British and Americans are still fighting them.

What's that old saying? "Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it"

Like the Russians invading the Crimea and Ukraine.... AGAIN...... like in THE CHARGE OF THE LIGHT BRIGADE

Same story 150 years later. Same people, same Russians, same country, same opposition, the England and the US.

Now the Thuggees are called "ISIS". 200 years from now they will be called something else.

GUNGA DIN......

Afghanistan and Pakistan (West India of the 19th Century)

We have even supplied the US troops in Afghanistan with shipments of food and supplies going through the Khyber Pass:

gungadin.jpg

king-khyber.jpg

THE KHYBER PASS:

A bridge along a supply route used by NATO forces in the Khyber Pass region was destroyed by Taliban militants on Tuesday.

03pstan-600.jpg

Thuggees are Hindus, not Moslems. They belong to a rather extreme form of Hinduism, related to the worship of the goddess Kali.  Stranglers of Bombay, which influenced Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, touches on the subject to some extent.

Kali looks more like the goddess of PMS.

1297793176-creating-the-hindu-goddess-ka

Excerpt from: Erich Neumann, The Great Mother: An Analysis of the Archetype.

The two censored words are, in order, "l o i n s," and "b e s t i a l."

"In her 'hideous aspect' (ghora-rupa) the Goddess, as Kali, the 'dark one,' raises the skull of seething blood to her lips; the devotional image shows her dressed in blood red, standing in a boat floating on a sea of blood: in the midst of the life flood, the sacrificial sap, which she requires that she may, in her gracious manifestation (sunder-murti) as the World Mother (jagad-amba), bestow existence upon new living forms in a process of unceasing generation, that as world nurse (jagad-dhatri) she may suckle them on her breasts and give them the good that is 'full of nourishment' (anna-purna)."

"The most terrible of the three images of Kali is not the one with the inhuman many arms, hideously squatting amid a halo of flames, devouring the entrails that form a deathly umbilical cord between the corpse's open belly and her own gullet. Nor is it the one that, clad in the nocturnal black of the earth goddesses and adorned with the hacked-off hands and heads of her victims, stands on the corpse of Shiva -- a barbaric specter whose exaggeration of horror makes her almost unreal. The third figure seems far more frightful because it is quieter and less barbarous. Here the hands strike us as human. One is extended, the other strokes the heads of the cobras almost as tenderly as Isis caressing the head of her child; and though the phallic animal breasts are repellent, they recall the similar breasts of the African mother goddesses. But with its hooded head, the cobra that is twined round her waist like a girdle suggests the womb -- her in its deadly aspect. This is the snake that lies coiled in the lap of the Cretan snake goddess, forms the snake robe of the Mexican goddess Coatlicue, and girds the **** of the Greek Gorgons. And the hideous bloody tiger's tongue of the goddess is the same as hangs down flame-spewing between the tusks and **** striped breasts of Rangda witch, or darts from between the gnashing fangs of the Gorgons."

Long story short--All Thuggees are thugs, but not all thugs are Thuggees.

To connect ISIS with the Thuggees of India is an over-generalization that

doesn't take account of the unique qualities of what are two separate

historical groups. That's poor historical thinking. The same goes for the

recent Russian annexation of the Crimea and the Crimean War. Two

separate events that have very little to do with each other. The Crimean

War was much larger in scope than recent events, had different causes

and different players. And the U.S. was not a belligerent in the Crimean

War. These are not cases of history repeating itself, just cases of two

different events that have only superficial similarities.

One other point:  breaking up the arbitrary borders created by the 'west' after WWI isn't an insane or evil goal,  but the methods being used to try to achive this clearly are.

Excerpt from: Erich Neumann, The Great Mother: An Analysis of the Archetype.

It takes a strong heart to follow Kali, but it's said she's the fastest path to spiritual liberation.  She's my favorite Hindu archetype.

To connect ISIS with the Thuggees of India is an over-generalization that

doesn't take account of the unique qualities of what are two separate

historical groups. That's poor historical thinking.

See the title of this topic.

I am clearly talking about the Thuggees - the merderous crackpots - as shown in the movie. Like where the leader talks about their main goal, which only is MURDER, MURDER, MURDER, as he says in the film, or maybe he says KILL, KILL, KILL.

Anyway, this is a psychiatric disorder. The Nazis suffered from it, some of the Stalinist Communists suffered from it, Serial Killers suffer from it, the constantly-warring African tribes who murder lots of people suffer from it, and the ISIS, etc, etc, etc.suffer from it.

The enjoyment of murdering lots of people and cutting off their heads is what I call crazy.

In the middle ages, some English, Spanish, and other Europeans did it and were crazy too. Now the Europeans have finally calmed down and don't do this. But lots and lots of people in Africa and the Middle East still do it.

And see this:

Khyber Pass British military supply caravan, 19th Century:

a-camel-caravan-on-the-khyber-pass-on-th

Khyber Pass American and British military supply caravan, 21st Century:

afpak-fun-05t-5.jpg

See the title of this topic.

I am clearly talking about the Thuggees - the merderous crackpots - as shown in the movie. Like where the leader talks about their main goal, which only is MURDER, MURDER, MURDER, as he says in the film, or maybe he says KILL, KILL, KILL.

Anyway, this is a psychiatric disorder. The Nazis suffered from it, some of the Stalinist Communists suffered from it, Serial Killers suffer from it, the constantly-warring African tribes who murder lots of people suffer from it, and the ISIS, etc, etc, etc.suffer from it.

The enjoyment of murdering lots of people and cutting off their heads is what I call crazy.

In the middle ages, some English, Spanish, and other Europeans did it and were crazy too. Now the Europeans have finally calmed down and don't do this. But lots and lots of people in Africa and the Middle East still do it.

And see this:

Khyber Pass British military supply caravan, 19th Century:

Khyber Pass American and British military supply caravan, 21st Century:

The title says the US and England are still fighting the Thuggee.   If the Thuggee were based in India,  I don't see how what is said in the title can be true.

The title says the US and England are still fighting the Thuggee.   If the Thuggee were based in India,  I don't see how what is said in the title can be true.

Wasn't Osama Bin Ladin Killed in Pakistan? Pakistan used to be part of India when the British were fighting there and when many of these old movies were made.

See this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan#Independence_and_modern_Pakistan

The modern state of Pakistan was established on 14 August 1947 (27 Ramadan 1366 in the Islamic Calendar) in the eastern and northwestern regions of British India, where there was a Muslim majority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuggee

Thuggee or tuggee (Hindi: ठग्गी ṭhagī; Urdu: ٹھگ‎; Sanskrit: sthaga; Sindhi: ٺوڳي، ٺڳ; Kannada: "ಠಕ್ಕ" (Thakka)) refers to the acts of Thugs, an organized gang of professional assassins.

The Thugs travelled in groups across India for six hundred years.[1] Although the Thugs traced their origin to seven Muslim tribes, Hindus appear to have been associated with them at an early period.

Wasn't Osama Bin Ladin Killed in Pakistan? Pakistan used to be part of India when the British were fighting there and when many of these old movies were made.

See this:

Well according to others here the Thuggees are Hindus and Bin Ladin was Muslim.    I admit I don't know enough about the topic,  but it does appear others don't agree with you that the Muslims the west are fighting in Irag and Syria can be linked to the Thuggees.

Well according to others here the Thuggees are Hindus and Bin Ladin was Muslim.    I admit I don't know enough about the topic,  but it does appear others don't agree with you that the Muslims the west are fighting in Irag and Syria can be linked to the Thuggees.

I think maybe you should put me and all my threads on 'IGNORE". You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding me.

Their religion is not the important issue. What they call themselves is not important. What is important is that they are murderous thugs who murder thousands of people for no logical reason, and they like to cut their heads off. That is what they do in the movies I refer to, and that's what they do now, and they are from the Middle East now, just as they are in the movies.

Well I certainly don't want to get involved in this discussion (though I'm happy to discuss Kali). However, I think Fred is using the word Thug-Thuggee in a more generic way, not related to the original ones, who were a very specific group, not in the Middle East, but in Central/South Asia.

There was as you all probably know a thing in the 19th century called "The Great Game," which basically was a struggle between the UK and Russia for control of that part of the world. What is now called Afghanistan was one of the battlefields of that struggle. There is some connection between that 19th century commotion and what is going on there today, although of course India is now an independent nation. The Central Asian tribes were always troublesome for the West! If you are interested in further reading, check out this guy, he's fascinating:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Younghusband

And of course The Great Game itself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

But there was not necessarily the Islamic fundamentalism that there is today. Even Jinnah, the revered founder of Pakistan (when it was partitioned from India) was quite a liberal chap, in terms of religion.

What is important is that they are murderous thugs who murder thousands of people for no logical reason, and they like to cut their heads off. That is what they do in the movies I refer to, and that's what they do now, and they are from the Middle East now, just as they are in the movies.

I saw a beheaded girl about 6 on Google Images.  Those are evil savages and in the end, justice will prevail.vil2_devil.gif

I saw a beheaded girl about 6 on Google Images.  Those are evil savages and in the end, justice will prevail.vil2_devil.gif

A lot of crazy criminal guys are doing it in Mexico now. I don’t understand why. I used to go to Mexico and travel all around, alone, and walk around the cities at night, and I was perfectly safe. My mother used to make trips to Juarez, by herself, in the early 1990s, when she was in her 60s, to buy blankets to sell in the US at flea markets, and she was always safe. But now the city is one of the most dangerous in the world.

The same with Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula, Honduras. I used to go to those cities alone and walk around at night, but now they are filled with criminals and murderous thugs.

In Mexico the thugs now cut people’s heads off, especially in the Northern States.

Queen of Hearts.does it.

off-with-his-head.gif

I think maybe you should put me and all my threads on 'IGNORE". You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding me.

Their religion is not the important issue. What they call themselves is not important. What is important is that they are murderous thugs who murder thousands of people for no logical reason, and they like to cut their heads off. That is what they do in the movies I refer to, and that's what they do now, and they are from the Middle East now, just as they are in the movies.

What I'm getting from this reply is:  What I posted in the title of the thread is misleading and untrue but hey,   that isn't the important issue here,  the important issue is that there are bad people in the world!

What a hoot!

Well I certainly don't want to get involved in this discussion (though I'm happy to discuss Kali). However, I think Fred is using the word Thug-Thuggee in a more generic way, not related to the original ones, who were a very specific group, not in the Middle East, but in Central/South Asia.

There was as you all probably know a thing in the 19th century called "The Great Game," which basically was a struggle between the UK and Russia for control of that part of the world. What is now called Afghanistan was one of the battlefields of that struggle. There is some connection between that 19th century commotion and what is going on there today, although of course India is now an independent nation. The Central Asian tribes were always troublesome for the West! If you are interested in further reading, check out this guy, he's fascinating:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Younghusband

And of course The Great Game itself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

But there was not necessarily the Islamic fundamentalism that there is today. Even Jinnah, the revered founder of Pakistan (when it was partitioned from India) was quite a liberal chap, in terms of religion.I am clearly talking about the Thuggees - the merderous crackpots - as shown in the movie

I can't accept your POV here when Fred post this:

I am clearly talking about the Thuggees - the merderous crackpots - as shown in the movie.

To me the above is a specific reference to a specific people,  from a specific place.     AS SHOWN IN THE MOVIE!

Sorry,  nice try,  but I'm not buying it.

dsaf

When I was in  high school in the mid '60's, there used to be certain guys that would walk the streets at night and walk up yo you and challenge you to a fight.  Just to see who would win.  One of these guys was a person named Ron Devio.(actually, his real first name was ROLAND, but he preferred to call himself RON.  Personally, I had nothing against him).

He proposed this challenge to me on sevral occasions, and I always turned them down.  He got busted up a lot over a few years of doing this, and I could never figure out WHY he did this.

I know this is nowhere near the craziness of the people y'all are discussing here, but it goes to show that this sort of abbhorrent behavior and personality aberation has many levels, and isn't neccessarily the result of religious fervor.

Sepiatone

I can't accept your POV here when Fred post this:

I am clearly talking about the Thuggees - the merderous crackpots - as shown in the movie.

To me the above is a specific reference to a specific people,  from a specific place.     AS SHOWN IN THE MOVIE!

Sorry,  nice try,  but I'm not buying it.

dsaf

In an earlier post here Fred used this sentence: "I mean Thuggees and "Thugs" in a broad general sense. I.E. Crazy crackpot murderous primitive wild head-choppers." That's what I was referring to.  You are quite right, the original Thuggees, who were followers of the Hindu goddess Kali, are not the same group that's wreaking havoc today. But if he means something along the lines of a perversion of Tom Joad's speech at the end of The Grapes of Wrath, that makes sense. "Wherever there is evil in this world, wherever someone is chopping off someone's head, the Thuggees will be there."