Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dancers

Terrence1

Thanks to TCM, we have been able to enjoy some remarkable dancers in great musicals.  I'm not a dancer, so I can't say who is better than someone else. All I know is that they all have provided me with some great movie memories.   I have listed below some of the great female dancers of the silver screen.  In your opinion, who are the three greatest dancers:

Eleanor Powell

Cyd Charisse

Rita Hayworth

Ginger Rogers

Ann  Miller

Mitzi Gaynor

Vera-Ellen

Leslie Caron

Virginia Mayo

• 8 months later...

Donald O' Connor was tremendously underrated.  He was just as good, if not even better, than Gene Kelly.  Anytime I watch the "Moses Supposes" number in Singin' in the Rain, it's O' Connor I end up watching.

Same here.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to TCM, we have been able to enjoy some remarkable dancers in great musicals.  I'm not a dancer, so I can't say who is better than someone else. All I know is that they all have provided me with some great movie memories.   I have listed below some of the great female dancers of the silver screen.  In your opinion, who are the three greatest dancers:

Eleanor Powell

Cyd Charisse

Rita Hayworth

Ginger Rogers

Your top four just happen to be my four favorites. Not necessarily in that order though. 

I love great dancing when its skillful and graceful.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings