Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
alecto

Musical relationships. Mister Blandings Builds His Dream House

Tonight (August 13, 2014) I watched a bit of Mister Blandings Builds His Dream House on TCM.  (I've seen it before.)  

My perspective follows:   

Instead of mentioning the fact that the three leading men in this film were also three leading men (Cary Grant-WHEN YOU'RE IN LOVE; Melvyn Douglas-I'LL TAKE ROMANCE and Reginald Denny-A LADY'S MORALS aka JENNY LIND) in three Grace Moore films (where of course, she was the lead in all three of them). Robert Osborne follow-up talks of Reginald Denny (a fine actor in his own right) other female co-stars, without a mention of the greatest, most beautiful of all, Miss Grace Moore!  Grace Moore, Not only the greatest singing talent ever to 'grace' the silver screen ( a very close second being the beautiful Edna Mae Durbin), Grace by far, the best actress of her genre, ( the best ever in my estimation)!  I admit my  

Alecto