Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Internet Explorer 11 OnDemand Car Insurance ADs

rroode

I've had the same problem the past few days, trying for the first time. I noticed in other posts that people complained that it wouldn't work using Firefox, Chrome, or IE. So I figured I'd try Safari since that is what runs on my iPad and I've had no problem with the app so far.  Guess what? Safari on my Dell works just fine. So unless you're really opposed to all things related to Apple, try installing Safari to watch TCM on Demand...because it works.

I rarely use Internet Explorer, but have been troubled with audio drop out and video stutter issues using Flash/Fire Fox 29 and 30. 

I tried to check if I could get a smooter picture and no sound trouble using IE 11. Not only does it stutter and audio drop off but an advertisement for a car insurance company , like a hulu type interruption, but it is in the start just before the movie begins and the big TCM logo comes on.

IE crashes after another 5 to 10mins. no idea if it is due to another ad trying to sneak in. 

i use ghostery, do not track plus, ad blocker plus and 2 ancillary ad blockers. i have pop up blocking on, i have mcafee suite as well as superanti spy ware, and mal ware bytes.

I am free of any other troubles in any other streaming site eg. netflix, hulu, you tube, movie streaming sites, 

no idea how to deal with internet explorer , i am up to date with the auto updates,  win7 x64 sp1 and all that is current as well as a notice aug 18, 2014 to remove a security patch 2892791 or numbers similar to that, i am close but from memory.

Hope the audio and video stuttering gets fixes. seems to be a website or server issue.

i have done as much changing and experimenting here to eliminate whatever conflicts I might have had. ..removed add ons, updated, screens whatever, days worth.

John

Aug 20- I posted and replied with problems with IE11, crashes. some audio and video stutter but hasnt run longer than 10-15mins, stopped at 4mins, too.  biggest issue i noticed was a state farm or geico car insurance 20second ad snuck in just before the movie began.  never had this in fire fox, just used IE to see if it could get smooth on demand. live is also plagued with stutter.  no other site, netflix or you tube either has a bit of trouble even after hours of watching back to back movies on you tube.

i have fast connections and computers,  only one at a time on line. audio stops for a second, or a half a word. sometimes 10 times in a  mi nute or can be once in 3 or 4mins.

Aug 20- I posted and replied with problems with IE11, crashes. some audio and video stutter but hasnt run longer than 10-15mins, stopped at 4mins, too.  biggest issue i noticed was a state farm or geico car insurance 20second ad snuck in just before the movie began.  never had this in fire fox, just used IE to see if it could get smooth on demand. live is also plagued with stutter.  no other site, netflix or you tube either has a bit of trouble even after hours of watching back to back movies on you tube.

i have fast connections and computers,  only one at a time on line. audio stops for a second, or a half a word. sometimes 10 times in a  mi nute or can be once in 3 or 4mins.

I have passed this new info along to the team (they have noticed some of this already) and they are looking into it now.