Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is Miss Wonderly?

DownGoesFrazier

She started a thread a couple weeks or so ago saying she was having internet problems.  I think the title is something like "When your internet connection lets you down."

I miss her!

I also wondered about that.  I figured it was just a summer holiday.    I sure hope it is something like a holiday or temporary Internet access issues.

I also wondered about that.  I figured it was just a summer holiday.    I sure hope it is something like a holiday or temporary Internet access issues.

Maybe she's in the Caribbean or some exotic locale, draped in a sarong and sipping umbrella drink concoctions. "Oh, pool boy, over here, another double!"  Or so I hope. :)

You would think she would comment on THIS thread.

Here ya go, fi baby.

I didn't want to reveal this, but the reason for my prolonged (not really all that prolonged, not even a month) absence was due to a glitch in the system that somehow put me on permanent "ignore". The entire website "ignored" me for 3 weeks, and wouldn't let me in to post even one word.

So Vautrin's theory about solitary confinement wasn't too far off the mark.

Oh, not really, I've just been exceptionally busy, and half the time my internet connection is down anyway.

Oh, not really, I've just been exceptionally busy.

Yep, a lot of people like you and me has to work and keep up the house.  Lol, try doing your own wiring, carpentry, plumbing, landscapeing and roofing.

Hey, I almost didn't come here today myself.   Something went wonky for a minute or so...

I usually just click on "Go" at the bottom of my "favorites" list after highlighting "Turner classic movies message boards" and I'm IN.

This morning, for some reason, I noticed I wasn't logged on.  When trying to login, my password wasn't accepted, and any attempts to reset it was a wash.  They informed me that an e-mail with my new password would arrive in 10 minutes, if not immediately.  After two hours, the e-mail never arrived, and I was able to get in here anyway by my usual method!  Must be the site's "time of the month".

Sepiatone

Well with a name like Miss Wonderly at least she should have gone to San Francisco. 

Eeh! It won't get warm in SF for about another month or so, James!

(...or as Mark Twain once famously observed: "The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco!")

Eeh! It won't get warm in SF for about another month or so, James!

(...or as Mark Twain once famously observed: "The coldest winter I ever spent, was a summer in San Francisco!")

Well the high in SF was 73 today but I guess where you live anything under 80 is cold.  :P

Well the high in SF was 73 today but I guess where you live anything under 80 is cold.  :P

Hey! Even where I USED to live, SF was comparatively colder.

(...though it's STILL in my estimation THE most beautiful American city goin')

I do agree and I was mostly pulling your leg.   I love SF and everytime the wife ask why we don't move there I point out that it is cold about 10 months of the year.    So instead we are planning on going to SLO.  

I do agree and I was mostly pulling your leg.   I love SF and everytime the wife ask why we don't move there I point out that it is cold about 10 months of the year.    So instead we are planning on going to SLO.  

Ooooh...SLO, nice town. LOVE Central CA.

Before retiring to first Prescott and then Sedona, we looked at Paso Robles for a while, but because the cost of living in AZ is quite a bit less(property taxes, vehicle registration and a few other things) than in CA, we moved here, though Judie occasionally laments our not moving to Paso Robles, which as you probably know has become quite the wine country this past decade or so.

Ooooh...SLO, nice town. LOVE Central CA.

Before retiring to first Prescott and then Sedona, we looked at Paso Robles for a while, but because the cost of living in AZ is quite a bit less(property taxes, vehicle registration and a few other things) than in CA, we moved here, though Judie occasionally laments our not moving to Paso Robles, which as you probably know has become quite the wine country this past decade or so.

Paso Robles is also on our radar but I wish I had purchased a place there before this wine boom.   Housing prices really went up and even with the market crash they didn't go down as much as other parts of CA.    The wife and go to both SLO and Paso at least once a year for a wine and hiking vacation.     

Paso Robles is also on our radar but I wish I had purchased a place there before this wine boom.   Housing prices really went up and even with the market crash they didn't go down as much as other parts of CA.    The wife and go to both SLO and Paso at least once a year for a wine and hiking vacation.     

Judie has to get her "Beach Fix" once a year and so she usually goes to Laguna Beach for a few days. But, last year she went to Cambria and on the way stopped at a few wineries in Paso.

I used to go through there every year on my way to the World Superbike races at Laguna Seca Raceway with a bunch of fellow motorcyclists, but I haven't done that run nor been through Paso for about 6 or 7 years now. However, when Judie was there this past year she phoned me and said I wouldn't recognize the place, what with all the new wineries that have sprung up during this time.

(...btw...ever had the onion rings at Margie's Diner there in Paso, just a block or two west off the 101 and on G14?...THOSE are to die for!!!)

Here ya go, fi baby.

I didn't want to reveal this, but the reason for my prolonged (not really all that prolonged, not even a month) absence was due to a glitch in the system that somehow put me on permanent "ignore". The entire website "ignored" me for 3 weeks, and wouldn't let me in to post even one word.

So Vautrin's theory about solitary confinement wasn't too far off the mark.

Oh, not really, I've just been exceptionally busy, and half the time my internet connection is down anyway.

...as opposed to me, who has nothing better to do than spend time on these boards

But if you like trees, SF is not the place for you. May be the least sylvan of all the major U.S. cities.

But if you like trees, SF is not the place for you. May be the least sylvan of all the major U.S. cities.

If one drives around 10 miles north they are in the John Muir woods.   Hugh redwoods there.

But yea,  the city of SF is small and there isn't room for trees. 

Also, isn't it pretty hilly in San Francisco? I'm thinking maybe it's a difficult terrain for trees to grow on.

Hey, remember that scene in Vertigo, the one in which James Stewart kisses the mysterious Kim Novak, aka "Madeleine", aka "Judy"? They're sort of leaning on this huge sequoia tree, and the camera revolves around them while that unforgettable music plays.

Well, just saying, it's a great scene with a tree in it. And it's near San Francisco.

I'd love to visit that city sometime. Guess the flowers in the hair are optional.

Archived