Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where is Miss Wonderly?

DownGoesFrazier

My only worry is that Fred C. Dobbs gets it into his head that he wants to be the first to 50,000, and devotes 24 hours a day to catching and passing me to be first to that milestone.

If that is your only worry, Fi, I envy you. Maybe you and Fred could be the Scott and Amundson of the TCM Board (without the former's fatalities, of course). Let's see who gets to 50,000 first. 

If that is your only worry, Fi, I envy you. Maybe you and Fred could be the Scott and Amundson of the TCM Board (without the former's fatalities, of course). Let's see who gets to 50,000 first. 

Fred would have to do more of the "games and trivia", where you can rack up posts in large volumes with one-word posts.

This discussion has begun to make me feel uncomfortable.

There is at present a possibility which might become a situation soon. The situation ending successfully would result in my being absent from the boards for an undetermined time. 

I fear that it may now be that such an absence might be assumed to be a bid for attention. Some may believe that I am deliberately hiding in hopes that my absence will be remarked.

It would not be practical for me to warn of impending absence as the situation will involve going to city where I will not have Internet access. The probability is that the situation will not end successfully and I will return home on the same day. A warning that I may be gone would be useless and may in itself be seen by some as a bid for attention.

I believe that the best that I can say is that none should remark if I disappear for a while soon. It will occur only if a good thing is happening. Or if I have gotten bored with you lot and decided to move on.

It would not be practical for me to warn of impending absence as the situation will involve going to city where I will not have Internet access. The probability is that the situation will not end successfully and I will return home on the same day. A warning that I may be gone would be useless and may in itself be seen by some as a bid for attention.

That city you may go to sounds intriguing -- sort of reminds me of the city in Ingmar Bergman's The Silence!

If she thinks she's going to disappear again and get more thread activity, she's wrong. People will begin to think, "Who gives a **** ?" 

Finance, she did not disappear to get thread activity. How could she when she initiated a thread with the express purpose of informing all that she would not be around for awhile. That's hardly the behavior of someone looking for "thread activity." If she wanted that she might have just disappeared without warning, but she didn't do that. You're the one who gave her thread activity when you started this thread. She didn't ask for it. You did it on your own. So why are you seeming to blame her for this? If you don't want her to have thread activity, why don't you change the name of this thread, you do know that you can still do that

Finance, she did not disappear to get thread activity. How could she when she initiated a thread with the express purpose of informing all that she would not be around for awhile. That's hardly the behavior of someone looking for "thread activity." If she wanted that she might have just disappeared without warning, but she didn't do that. You're the one who gave her thread activity when you started this thread. She didn't ask for it. You did it on your own. So why are you seeming to blame her for this? If you don't want her to have thread activity, why don't you change the name of this thread, you do know that you can still do that

Where is the thread that you're talking about? Incidentally, my post was in no way the slightest bit serious.

She's all around in the dark - she's everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so people can argue about movies, she'll be there. Wherever there's a poster beatin' up on a other poster, she'll be there. 

Where is the thread that you're talking about? Incidentally, my post was in no way the slightest bit serious.

This thread, "Where is Miss Wonderly?." Isn't this what you meant by "thread activity," i.e. Perhaps I misunderstood. I took your meaning that she was looking for attention by disappearing in the hope of someone starting a thread just like this and that by golly she wasn't going to get any more attention like that and I was pointing out that you were the one who started the thread and promoted such activity.

Whatever ... if I were a moderator I wound yank the thread or request that the OP change the name. MissW is not even here at present, nor has she contributed to it. IMO the thread is inappropriate. If someone is really wondering the whereabouts of misswonderly (or anyone else) it would have been more appropriate to simply pose the query on a thread that the sought-for person frequents.

I thought your post came across rather nasty. Maybe you should use an emoticon. You have a slight rep for short, aggressive jabs like that anyway, sorry if I misunderstood you.

She's all around in the dark - she's everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so people can argue about movies, she'll be there. Wherever there's a poster beatin' up on a other poster, she'll be there. 

Aye, the mystique surrounding the "she" you're talking about is growing, ha!

Mods, yank the thread, please.

Finance, change the name.

Let us be restored to sanity.

La Commedia e finita (Swithin, did I spell that right :-)

==

This thread, "Where is Miss Wonderly?." Isn't this what you meant by "thread activity," i.e. Perhaps I misunderstood. I took your meaning that she was looking for attention by disappearing in the hope of someone starting a thread just like this and that by golly she wasn't going to get any more attention like that and I was pointing out that you were the one who started the thread and promoted such activity.

Whatever ... if I were a moderator I wound yank the thread or request that the OP change the name. MissW is not even here at present, nor has she contributed to it. IMO the thread is inappropriate. If someone is really wondering the whereabouts of misswonderly (or anyone else) it would have been more appropriate to simply pose the query on a thread that the sought-for person frequents.

I thought your post came across rather nasty. Maybe you should use an emoticon. You have a slight rep for short, aggressive jabs like that anyway, sorry if I misunderstood you.

If Finance was to use an emoticon he should only do so when he is NOT joking.     Otherwise 99% of this post would require an emoticon.    ;)

La Commedia e finita (Swithin, did I spell that right :-)

==

LOL, it looks right to me! New production at the Met in the spring. To use another operatic line (from one of my favorite operas), maybe Miss W. looked at this site and sang: "Ma carriere est finie!"   :lol: 

Maybe she's still having internet problems.  Or, as I suggested earlier in the thread, perhaps she's sipping Moscow Mules (or something involving exotic fruit) on a white sand beach on a private island.

Anyway, may she return soon.  :)

This makes me think of the ending to Trading Places (1983). Perhaps misswonderly is on an anchored sailboat off a sandy shore, sipping a favorite concoction; awaiting Dodsworth - who's bringing the dough.

If Finance was to use an emoticon he should only do so when he is NOT joking.     Otherwise 99% of this post would require an emoticon.    ;)

I guess the appropriate emoticom for the rare occasions when I'm not joking would be the one with the face with the mouth parallel to the equator. I don't know how to do it. I know that the absent Miss W. knows how.

This makes me think of the ending to Trading Places (1983). Perhaps misswonderly is on an anchored sailboat off a sandy shore, sipping a favorite concoction; awaiting Dodsworth - who's bringing the dough.

Well I'm hoping Misswonderly isn't caught in a situation like at the start of Trading Places;   When the Aykroyd character was down and out he didn't have an Internet connection!   ;)

Well I'm hoping Misswonderly isn't caught in a situation like at the start of Trading Places;   When the Aykroyd character was down and out he didn't have an Internet connection!   ;)

Not in a dingy Mrs. Santa suit stuffed with smoked salmon and liver pâté off the holiday buffet!? Ess-car-GO! Say it ain't so!

:o

'Older" posters? Rumor has it that Miss W. hasn't been posting because she is off celebrating her 90th birthday.

Now that is something to celebrate. I think I'll have me an ice cold 20oz purified water on misswonderly.

:)

Archived