Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

28Silent

I just want to tell you t.c.m fans that the verison of D.r.X was not presentedin the color that it was produced in.It was enhanced in a light bluish color, toning the glorious orange and green tones down real bad,just becuase the c.e.o.s don't like the color ,due to their ignorance of film historty,You seethey are not thinking of the histroy of that film.They are only thinking of it in rating and profits first.This is  a dishonest way of making  a livng .It suppose to be consumer and film history first profit and rating second .If you  got the original vhs version .Then you will know i'm right. I hear the dvd verision was restored to it's orange and green glory.If i'm right ,you need to get that version,to see how it was.They should have the decency to show both verison.Once in a while the orignal as well as the enhanced.That would be fair. :blink:

If English is your second language, I apologise, but without structure your sentences are difficult to understand.

Too bad because I'd like to know what it is you are saying about this film.

Too bad because I'd like to know what it is you are saying about this film.

My parsing of it leads me to believe that it is not celebration of movie or applause for its quality. I believe that it is instead a diatribe against supposed corporate mentality regarding movies and that it ignores reality of limited licensing opportunities of certain prints.

I just want to tell you t.c.m fans that the verison of D.r.X was not presentedin the color that it was produced in.It was enhanced in a light bluish color, toning the glorious orange and green tones down real bad,

You mean Dr. X is really even oranger and greener than what I saw that night? I find that hard to believe. Considering you made this post about 15 minutes prior to the film's airing, are you certain that that was the version they showed? I only ask because my mind reels at the idea of the colors being any more polarized than that.

If we can turn this into a discussion about the film in general, I'll say that it was occasionally enjoyable, but not as good as Mystery of the Wax Museum. I thought it was funny that they used Lee Tracy and Glenda Farrell essentially as counter-parts in each film, playing basically the same character. I wonder if they ever made a film together? Something like The Thin Man, but instead with a husband-and-wife fast-talking reporter team, most likely investigating Lionel Atwill's shady laboratory. Probably not, but I can dream.

Archived