Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there Noir fans,

I am watching He Ran All the Way right now, but we missed the first 15 or 20 minutes of the movie while my dh was watching another channel. I have the sads because I do not know how this movie started. Can anyone help me out by explaining the first part? I tried to click on notify me when it plays again, but the message said it is not scheduled to play again. Double sads. 

With thanks,

Rosy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Noir fans,

I am watching He Ran All the Way right now, but we missed the first 15 or 20 minutes of the movie while my dh was watching another channel. I have the sads because I do not know how this movie started. Can anyone help me out by explaining the first part? I tried to click on notify me when it plays again, but the message said it is not scheduled to play again. Double sads. 

With thanks,

Rosy

Hi Rosy..I am just getting to your comment. On the Charter Cable on-demand service I have, it was available for replaying several days afterward.  The first part of the film details how he broke the law and how he ran off and avoided capture. He ducks into a city recreation center where we see him in the locker room changing, then he goes out and jumps into the pool, where he meets Shelley's character. By this point the police have come in to the pool area looking for him and he uses Shelley as a cover, without her knowing what he's just done, and he manages to get her to take him to her home. And then it takes off from there, with him holding her family hostage.

TCM will air it again...it usually gets broadcast at least once a year. Keep checking the monthly schedules.

Hi Rosy..I am just getting to your comment. On the Charter Cable on-demand service I have, it was available for replaying several days afterward.  The first part of the film details how he broke the law and how he ran off and avoided capture. He ducks into a city recreation center where we see him in the locker room changing, then he goes out and jumps into the pool, where he meets Shelley's character. By this point the police have come in to the pool area looking for him and he uses Shelley as a cover, without her knowing what he's just done, and he manages to get her to take him to her home. And then it takes off from there, with him holding her family hostage.

TCM will air it again...it usually gets broadcast at least once a year. Keep checking the monthly schedules.

Thank you so much! How sweet of you to explain the beginning to me! Have a classic noir kind of evening!

• Like 1

Thank you so much! How sweet of you to explain the beginning to me! Have a classic noir kind of evening!

You are most welcome.

The scenes at the beginning of this film remind me of the climactic finale of SHIELD FOR MURDER-- made a few years later with Edmond O'Brien as a crooked cop-- also set at a city swimming pool.

• Like 1

You are most welcome.

The scenes at the beginning of this film remind me of the climactic finale of SHIELD FOR MURDER-- made a few years later with Edmond O'Brien as a crooked cop-- also set at a city swimming pool.

Wooooo, another noir movie I don't think I've watched -- big thanks!!!  I really loved Edmond O'Brien in D.O.A. -- mega cool movie! Best wishes!

• Like 1