Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia -- Week of July 25, 2005

coffeedan1927

Greetings, everybody! If some of you noticed I was a little off my game last week, there's a reason . . .

Last Tuesday night, I was watching several James Cagney movies at a friend's house, and started walking home close to midnight, carrying my videos and a large box of leftover pizza. I was about halfway home when I heard a voice behind me say, "Got a light?" I replied, "No, I don't smoke," and kept on walking.

Then I heard the voice say, "Give me your money." I kept on walking. Then I saw this guy come up on my left and yell, "Gimme your m-----f------ money!"

I turned around to face him, and could see something dark and shiny in his hand. When he said "Come on!" I threw the box of pizza in his face, turned around, and ran as fast as I could. I covered at least two blocks before I turned around to look back -- but nobody was following me.

When I got home, I called the police, and they took a statement from me. They told me there had been six other robberies in a 3-mile radius that night, and mine was the latest. And for the next two days, my phone was ringing off the hook with calls from the local media who were amused and inspired by my method of escape that night!

I was able to give the police a good description of my attacker, and on Sunday night I spent over an hour with a police artist sketching a likeness. (I should be able to approve the results sometime tonight.)

Anyhow, I'm thankful I got through it unscathed, and I'm doing everything I can with the police to catch my would-be attacker.

Whew! And now, on to this week's movie trivia . . .

Feaito's in first with correct answer of Conrad Veidt! And Tabitha correctly guessed his salary for the picture, $225,000. Congratulations to you both!

Path, miraculously I didn't drop the videos. In fact, I kinda used them as leverage to push the pizza box in the guy's face (you had to be there).

And thanks, everybody, for your kind words. I just approved the sketch of my attacker for police distribution this morning. Here's hoping . . .

Right with your first guess, feaito! Bette Davis appeared with Humphrey Bogart in no less than eight films, more than any other actress. They are:

BAD SISTER (1931)

THREE ON A MATCH (1932)

THE PETRIFIED FOREST (1936)

MARKED WOMAN (1937)

KID GALAHAD (1937)

DARK VICTORY (1939)

IN THIS OUR LIFE (1942) (Bogart played a cameo role in this film, along with his MALTESE FALCON co-stars Mary Astor, Sydney Greenstreet, and Peter Lorre)

THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS (1943)

Excellent, tabitha! You are correct!

PS: In regard to Tuesday's question, feaito informed me that Ann Sheridan is tied with Bette Davis for appearing in the most films with Humphrey Bogart. Sheridan appeared in these eight films with Bogie:

BLACK LEGION (1936)

SAN QUENTIN (1937)

THE GREAT O'MALLEY (1937)

ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES (1938)

IT ALL CAME TRUE (1940)

THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT (1940)

THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS (1943)

TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (1948) (didn't know about this one -- Sheridan plays a bit part as a streetwalker)