Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JULIE ANDREWS

Palmerin

When she joins James Garner, will TCM be able to broadcast MARY POPPINS and THE SOUND OF MUSIC?

You mean when she dies?    Leasing movies takes planning.   I don't know if it would be wise for TCM to try to predict when she would die so they could ensure they have a lease of some of her key films,  when she does.   (leases have time periods). 

e.g. say TCM gets a 3 year lease in the next month.  We wouldn't want TCM to be rooting for her death just so they could show those movies while they still have the lease.

Of course after a star dies the cost to lease their films may go up.    In that case planning makes sense.

will TCM be able to broadcast MARY POPPINS and THE SOUND OF MUSIC?

Most likely never-they are held tight by the owners for distribution.

But Julie Andrews is absolutely my favorite actress/singer period. I have borrowed every movie of hers from the library and she is amazing in everything she does. Adorable, classy, a good actress with a gorgeous powerhouse voice!

She is one of the very few women who have aged gracefully (like Lauren Bacall did) and still looks great. I picked up her autobiography chronicling her early years as a child prodigy which was a fascinating read-I highly recommend it!

And whenever you may be in trouble with the devil just call out "Julie Andrews!"

A remarkable thing that I remember about Julie Andrews is that years ago she managed to receive two Golden Globe nominations in the same year, one for comedy and one for drama.  The two movies were
"That's Life" and "Duet for One".  She was brilliant in both, although they are little remembered today.  But still, that was quite a feat.

Terrence.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings