Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ANGEL ON MY SHOULDER

Ray Faiola

Very well done. If you want some constructive criticism, I'll give you a few nitpicking quibbles:

A real trailer from the 40s would have been paced a bit faster, with somewhat shorter clips.

Unless I missed it, I saw no mention of United Artists.

There would have been something for Anne Baxter ("You loved her in Sunday Dinner For A Soldier!")

And you may have gone a bit too deep with the supporting cast -- I mean, did the actual trailer include Hardie Albright?  :lol: 

• Like 1

Granted all.  It should be 21/2 minutes.  But I'm using it for a film festival and wanted to go a bit deeper into the weeds.  It's one of those public domain movies that very few people today have actually seen!  Thanks for the suggs.

Ray we love your trailers! 

Amazing to me it's in PD what with Paul Muni, but maybe that's why I saw it so much on TV as a kid. I've always loved that movie!

I've always enjoyed your "cavalcade of trailers" but never realized they're your creation. No wonder they're so detailed! 

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed your "cavalcade of trailers" but never realized they're your creation. No wonder they're so detailed! 

Oh, no, TikiSoo - my Trailer Mania shows at CineFest are ONLY authentic trailers.  I would never stick in one of my home-grown previews!  I just make these when I need a trailer to promote a screening and there is no surviving original trailer.  But thanks for the kind words.  I caught my trailer mania from my very good pal the late great Alan G. Barbour.  He sold me his entire collection a few years before he passed away and I've managed to augment it considerably over the years. Alan wrote several terrific books, but he never did one on trailers.  Could have been a fun one!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings