Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Dead Again " (1991)

joefilmone

• 3 weeks later...

I saw it in 2012. While not a perfect film, it is still a very good one. And the 40s set passages of the film are exceptional. The modern day sequences are not quite as good but the whole film scores for great acting, an ingenious plot, and a great noir feel.

Well said.    I saw the movie when it first came out.   I read reviews at the time and they would mention a term I didn't know about; noir.

So I looked into it.    Living only 40 miles from Hollywood,  there was a revival theater that featured noir movies.    So Dead Again,  did have a major impact on me.     Also because I loved the music in these 'old' films,  I decided to learn to play jazz after years of being a rocker.   

Now jazz,  noir,  and 'old' movies are my hobbies!   

All Right. Thanks! This one somehow sneaked by me. So, one good film noir turn deserves another. Last time I checked, they still didn't have Elliot Kastner & Dick Richard's Farewell My Lovely (with R. Mitchum and C. Rampling) on DVD. But you can get the full movie now from YouTube -- or checking again, just of late, from Amazon on Instant Video . . .

Saw this first run at the Beverly Theater on Wilshire Blvd--and no, I was not living there in Beverly Hills at the time (fat chance), but in Echo Park--right where much of the action in this movie is supposed to be taking place. Blew me away! A Hollywood movie all about my own crumby neighborhood. Almost had me looking over my shoulder on my way home. In my book, it's about the best screen adaption of a Raymond Chandler novel extant--other than The Big Sleep, of course.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings