Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the Weather Like where you are ?

We've had rain and cloudy weather all week. :( Spring break from school has been dreary to say the least. Hoping the sun will shine today, but I don't think its going to happen. There has been some flooding near the lake area for residents. Texas weather, ugh!

Finally starting to dry out from all the snow and rain.  Yeager, West Virginia is dealing with a massive mud slide.

landslide3.PNG

weather%2015mar15.jpg

Just went up to 93. I went back to check humidity, it's 22% which explains the high temperature, winds from North it says but we're getting those desert winds as well. This weather station is not far from the coast where temperatures are more moderate than inland. Ten or 15 miles inland is probably hotter.

Edited by laffite

1nxvl2.jpg

It'll be about 10 degrees cooler tomorrow - very nice weather. Been this way for the past week with very little rain. Lot's of early AM fog, though.

All our bushes have sprouted blossoms, and many of our trees have either fully blossomed, budded, or have started new shoots. And there are butterflies!

:)

And we're getting lots of these sunsets and sunrises (not my pic).

24oas85.jpg

Saw the first flock of geese go North. I love to see them although they seemed a little lost. They were in a V but somehow got messed up.

It's 57 today. Snow almost gone. Can't wait until our forsythia's bloom and the wild cherry trees. I saw 3 praying mantis cocoons. 2 weeks until it's officially Spring.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

5" heavy wet snow today, from an Alberta clipper. Trees are sagging everywhere. Interstate 80 closed due to an accident. Saw a flock of geese flying right as storm was coming. No Spring yet, for Pa. This everlasting winter can't last much longer, I hope.

Winter is over here in central Florida, on the Gulf side. We're fairly steady in the 80s now - our Spring. Summer will bring the long 90+ degree days. We've been fortunate to have some very nice breezy days and nights, which are wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The large snowfall and -14 temp this past February caused damage to the ground.  There has been mud and rock slides galore plus there's water seepage in places never seen before.  It has been constant on/off rain - the ground needs to dry out!

15_03-Yeager-6-e1426493333949.jpg

6899652_G.jpg

Mud-on-Road3.jpg

Route-3-Slide-1.jpg

Edited by hamradio
  • Like 1

The large snowfall and -14 temp this past February caused damage to the ground. There has been mud and rock slides galore plus there's water seepage in places never seen before. I has been constant on/off rain - the ground needs to dry out!

15_03-Yeager-6-e1426493333949.jpg

6899652_G.jpg

Mud-on-Road3.jpg

Route-3-Slide-1.jpg

If I may ask, what state is this in?
  • 1 month later...

Today was too damn hot, almost 100 degrees. I don't know who's more miserable, the cats or the people.  (Duh, the cats, so they say.)  About 45,000 houses are without power in parts of the Bay Area.

Tomorrow should be a little cooler, thank heavens.

In New England today it's the same temperature as it is in Fla!!! (thank goodness the humidity is lower, but still hot)

Florida weather must be traveling all around the country!   A few days ago here in So Cal it was also like Florida.    We got the very, very tail end of a hurricane that was of the west coast of Mexico.      Hot and humid.  

In New England today it's the same temperature as it is in Fla!!! (thank goodness the humidity is lower, but still hot)

Wow.. New England.. I can hear you loud and clear - as if you were right inside my computer. That's amazing..

:P

It's been raining all week here in Florida and the evening temps have dropped nicely.

The days are like an oven still.

• 1 month later...

Finally clear skies after days of constant rain..  My weather computer has tallied 7.54 inches of rain for July alone.  Actually had more because the rain gauge can't measure horizontal rain with the worst down pours. The neighboring state of Kentucky and the nearby county of Johnson has endured tragedy. :(

http://www.wowktv.com/story/29539606/confirmed-dead-several-missing-in-johnson-county-flooding

Death toll has risen since this NBC news article.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/heavy-storms-race-east-kill-two-kentucky-threaten-all-star-n392111

The man's body in this house was found today.

I don't think it has rained in Oregon for at least a month now, maybe longer.  We just finished about a two week stint of upper 90 degree temperatures, it's now cooled down to upper 80s, but it looks like it'll be lower 90s this weekend.  It's pretty much been summer weather since the end of May.

I know it's crazy since it's Oregon and all, but I've been really hoping for some rain.  We've been having a drought and many of the lakes that are filled during the summer by the dams are just small streams due to the lack of rain. 

We haven't really had much rain all year.  It's crazy.  Some years it just rains and rains and rains and rains nonstop for months.  This year... not so much.

I like the sun, not a big fan of the hot temps as much because I work in a warehouse, but it's nice being able to leave the house at 8:30 in the morning and have it already be 70 degrees--no need for a coat.

Thunder and sustained downpours? On July 18? In San Diego? The attendees of the Gay Pride Parade are no doubt disappointed with this development. No parade today, I'm sure. Torrential rains right now as I write. I need to hit SEND before I lose power.

• Like 1

Rain rain rain

Every day for nearly the past 8 weeks. Thunderstorms at 4:30-5:30 PM every day for the first month;   an additional downpour each day around 12:00 PM for the past month. These last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, then our beautiful sun reappears. Next week's forecast looks the same..

Lakeland, Florida

i1CZA23.jpg