Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the Weather Like where you are ?

We're done with the snow and ice up here in the Pacific Northwest, it's your turn. Lol.

;)

Yep, and instead of its appearance coming on Friday here as I stated earlier, I woke up to two inches of the white stuff this morning, Speedy.

• Like 1

Light snow overnight and sub-freezing temperatures now. Four male and three female cardinals are now stealing food from the squirrel feeders. We see them here only during times of bad weather. 

There was an owl sitting on our window sill. I must wonder if corn which birds scattered from squirrel feeders attracted a mouse or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Two twisters hit the county to our Southwest early Sunday morning, killing a married couple as they slept.  This is very rare for this area at this time of year.  Yes, it's different when it's your area you're seeing on the news rather than someplace else as we have for the past few months.  These things are scarier than hurricanes as at least you know when they're coming; these hit from out of nowhere.  Otherwise it's in the 60's in the AM going to the high 70's to 80's in the afternoon.         

• Like 1

The high today is projected to be in the mid-50s, the winds coming from the SE at 3mph, and the skies clear blue with the visibility being 10 miles here in Sedona today.

And so gazing upon the majestic red rock formations which surround this lovely little town will be easy.

stelprdb5281311.jpg

(...sure hope this didn't sound as if I was rubbin' it in here at all) ;)

LOL

• Like 1

(...sure hope this didn't sound as if I was rubbin' it in here at all) ;)

I will remember you in August! ;)

It is actually quite nice. I had to run errands and it is simply crisp and clear. There is little traffic because all but most die-hard places here close when there is threat of snow. It would be nearly wonderful if I did not have to go to other city today. I do not know what Interstate will be like.

4 inches of snow and winter storm Jonas suppose to bring my area around 2 feet of snow by Saturday.

I'm right in the middle of it.

map_specnews20_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.

My aching back!  :(

25259D6100000578-0-image-a-40_1422494662

(if anyone mentions global warming while i'm shoveling, I'm going to stick it [snow shovel] so far up their posterior, they will require dental work) :angry: :angry:

I have shoveled now eight inches of global warming from sidewalk. I had to allow vehicle to run approx. forty-five minutes to melt ice from windows as I do not like scraping.

Temperature is not expected above freezing until Monday. 

It is rather nice as town is deserted! Vehicles are few and far between and they are all pick-up trucks. I have small SUV which is so very light that it does not have excellent traction but it is not problem because of no other traffic.

• Like 2

3284991606_c425652188_z.jpg65 degrees high. God's country.

There ain't no mountains in that picture there, Jake, just a lot of flat boring terrain!

And so how could it possibly be "God's Country" then???

(...EVERYBODY knows God's Country has beautiful picturesque mountains like that picture I posted earlier of Sedona Arizona, dude!!!)

;)

I have shoveled now eight inches of global warming from sidewalk. I had to allow vehicle to run approx. forty-five minutes to melt ice from windows as I do not like scraping.

Temperature is not expected above freezing until Monday. 

It is rather nice as town is deserted! Vehicles are few and far between and they are all pick-up trucks. I have small SUV which is so very light that it does not have excellent traction but it is not problem because of no other traffic.

I've shoveled about the same so far, if there is anything good out of this, it's the dry powdery  not the heavy wet  snow I was expecting.

Here's something to cheer you up.  :)

cartoon-poor-al-gore.jpg

:) 

There ain't no mountains in that picture there, Jake, just a lot of flat boring terrain!

And so how could it possibly be "God's Country" then???

(...EVERYBODY knows God's Country has beautiful picturesque mountains like that picture I posted earlier of Sedona Arizona, dude!!!)

2666364672_677c68295d_z.jpgNothing boring about making a turn in your boat on a point with plentiful Red Fish, Speckled Trout and the magnificent Largemouth Bass to catch. Clean air fills your lungs with a wild nature in front of you. Arizona is a beautiful state but I always preferred places close to the water in my adentures through life.

• Like 1

2666364672_677c68295d_z.jpgNothing boring about making a turn in your boat on a point with plentiful Red Fish, Speckled Trout and the magnificent Largemouth Bass to catch. Clean air fills your lungs with a wild nature in front of you. Arizona is a beautiful state but I always preferred places close to the water in my adentures through life.

Yeah Jake, gotta admit all that water down your way looks like it makes for some great fishin', alright.

Now don't forget to slather on all that DEET before y'all head on out on that there fishin' boat o' yours, dude!

(...probably lots a skeeters down around your parts too, EH?!) LOL