• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the Weather Like where you are ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been raining off and on nearly every day for the past two months. This latest hurricane has moved up to the northeast U.S. and it's still pulling rain into Florida from the Gulf of Mexico. We've had non-stop rain for the past week and it may continue for several more days.

Living in Southern Cal it is difficult to talk about weather because weather hardly exists. I'm trying to remember the last time we had weather.

But in the long view the summer has been unseasonably cool. Not much summer. I live on the coast so I don't I get inland high temps but those who live there would probably agree. Cooler than usual.

Love it.

h9SaKyV.jpg

Where are you?  This is West-Central Florida; Tampa, St.Pete, Clearwater, Lakeland, ect.   The Gulf Coast got hammered with a lot of beach erosion, trees toppling over houses and mobile homes flattened.  The Tampa area is inbound and got a lot less damage.  I was never in danger.  I wasn't aware so many posters are in my area; I count about four now.   

Once 

Where are you?  This is West-Central Florida; Tampa, St.Pete, Clearwater, Lakeland, ect.   The Gulf Coast got hammered with a lot of beach erosion, trees toppling over houses and mobile homes flattened.  The Tampa area is inbound and got a lot less damage.  I was never in danger.  I wasn't aware so many posters are in my area; I count about four now.   

I'm in Lakeland. When the hurricanes get stronger we too get our fair share of toppled trees.

Live oaks have such shallow roots for such large trees.

Too dry, a blocking high NW is keeping any rain away. :(

Same here in So Cal.   We see all the rain in other parts of the nation and wish we could get some (but not all at once please!).

But overall the weather is perfect;   sunny, with a few clouds, and in the high 70s,  low 80s inland.    Off to go hiking.

Once 

I'm in Lakeland. When the hurricanes get stronger we too get our fair share of toppled trees.

Live oaks have such shallow roots for such large trees.

I know that well.  In 1960 when Donna came straight through Bartow I was with my grandparents on the second floor of an old Victorian house.  One of them toppled towards the house missing it-and me asleep-by maybe a foot.  Polk County does seem to get all these storms that cut diagonally through the state whether its west up to the Gulf from the southeast or the Gulf east up to the Atlantic from the southwest. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's a gorgeous day in mid-Illinois.  Sunday night showers have passed on to create a sunny, breezy day.  It's the kind of day if you're in the shade, you feel like you may need a jacket or light sweater, but if you're in the sunlight, you feel like you're over-dressed!  Hopefully, I've used my air conditioner for the last time this season.

Today is partly cloudy,hot,stiflingly humid,temp.90 degrees.Overnight low 74 degrees.

Ppl 'round here are beginning to watch hurricane Matthew's possible track.Headed west for now,is forecast to turn sharply north but nobody knows exactly when.

If it tracks a little more to the west before turning north then we might get it here in FL.

If it stays a little more to the east when it turns north then it stays in the Atlantic.

Won't know for sure for a few days which way it'll go.

Keeping fingers crossed it goes into the Atlantic.

• Like 1