Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GET-TV

Terrence1

We've been discussing this channel on other threads for a few months.  It does only show Columbia movies from the late 40s and 50s plus their 60s TV series.  I love it despite the commercials; I've discovered unheard of little gems and seen old favorites again.  I stumbled on it my chance this spring and it's my go-to channel if I'm interested in what TCM has on at the time. Glad you've joined the party. 

Thanks so much, Wouldbe, for the comments.  My first reaction was that I'm really going to enjoy this channel.  I love those old, obscure movies with good plots and fun character actors.  I mean, where can you find these days one of those old Cleo Moore/Hugo Haas movies?   And I don't think the commercials will bother me.  I usually record movies and then watch them a while later, so I can just fast-forward through the commercials.  Thanks again for your thoughts.

Terrence.

We've been discussing this channel on other threads for a few months.  It does only show Columbia movies from the late 40s and 50s plus their 60s TV series.  I love it despite the commercials; I've discovered unheard of little gems and seen old favorites again.  I stumbled on it my chance this spring and it's my go-to channel if I'm interested in what TCM has on at the time. Glad you've joined the party. 

Can you give examples of some of the films you've seen recently on GET-TV?

I recently discovered that there is a cable channel that I get that I had never heard of before.  It's called GET-TV.  Apparently, they show movies, but with commercials.  Also, they show only movies from Columbia.  Does anyone watch this channel?

I, too, discovered this channel by chance back in the spring and was really enjoying seeing films that aren't shown on TCM.  However, shortly after finding this channel, Time Warner Cable here in Queens, NY changed its channel line-up and it was dropped, along with a few other channels I had been enjoying.  

Starlit, I'm so sorry to hear that your area has dropped  GET-TV.  As I said, I just recently discovered this channel, and I can already see myself watching this channel a lot.  And it's not just "B" movies that they show.  Yesterday they had "Suddenly, Last Summer", which was a big movie of the year.  Perhaps it will become available to you again soon.

Terrence.

Starlit, I'm so sorry to hear that your area has dropped  GET-TV.  As I said, I just recently discovered this channel, and I can already see myself watching this channel a lot.  And it's not just "B" movies that they show.  Yesterday they had "Suddenly, Last Summer", which was a big movie of the year.  Perhaps it will become available to you again soon.

Terrence.

Well, even if it does, it won't matter because in mid-October I will be moving back to my home state of PA and I'm hoping it will be available there.

I can get it as an over the air broadcast, but is not available on Charter Cable.

This is one of the those new "networks" that are connected with the alternate stations local providers were given a few years ago.  Most local stations now have 3 channels each of different programming.

As much energy as I have for doing exercise, that's how lazy I am in everything else.

I know since I have seen you ask others at this fourm to get info for you.

But I see you understood I was pulling your leg.    Sometimes when I make these type of jokes I wonder if I need to put 10 of those faces on the post so someone doesn't get bent out of shape.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings