Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Films on Jewish Life Upcoming September 2nd...

JoaquinTall

Staring 8:00 P.M. Eastern time, TCM is going to run several films including The Jazz Singer [Al Jolson/Danny Thomas versions] "Hester Street",  "Avalon" and "Street Scene".

A more recent and most enjoyable film that should have been added---but was omitted---is the Amy Irving classic "Crossing Delancy".

If you haven't seen it and are from Manhattan or the metropolitan area, it's not to be missed! Even of you're not, see it, see it; go already!

The 1950's were a great epoch to be a kid... B)

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up. It seems to be Tuesdays in September, based upon my cursory look at the schedule. Some good films, including The Chosen, but of course there are many more that I'd like to see (again).

I was returning from work one May afternoon in the late 1980s. I  lived in LIC, Queens then. As I walked down the steps from the train, I saw Yiddish writing on all the stores in my neighborhood. And snow on the windows! Then I saw a chair that said "Mr. Mazursky."  They were filming Enemies: a Love Story, which I think is a fine film, with an incredible performance by Anjelica Huston. The Queens street was supposed to represent Jerome Avenue in the Bronx.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings