Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

At Long Last- Maureen O'Hara to Receive Honorary Oscar

hepclassic

It's a damn shame that it takes so long to do something that should have been done a LONG time ago.  I hope that Maureen has some time to fully enjoy the award. Remembering the recent Kim Novak event,  I wonder how many in the audience will appreciate just how deserving this lady is?

It's a damn shame that it takes so long to do something that should have been done a LONG time ago.  I hope that Maureen has some time to fully enjoy the award. Remembering the recent Kim Novak event,  I wonder how many in the audience will appreciate just how deserving this lady is?

Well, considering her films relate to holiday traditions, be it Miracle on 34th Street for Christmas and The Quiet Man for St. Patrick's Day, she has somewhat of a better chance of an incident not happening. 

And think of the wonderful clips they can show!

Happy to hear this, but we wont be seeing it. The honorary Oscars aren't televised anymore. They have their own separate ceremony pre-Oscars (so they can fit in more production numbers and shtick....

Now if they'd only honor Doris Day. But that's a pipe dream as she wont attend...........

Happy to hear this, but we wont be seeing it. The honorary Oscars aren't televised anymore. They have their own separate ceremony pre-Oscars (so they can fit in more production numbers and shtick....

Now if they'd only honor Doris Day. But that's a pipe dream as she wont attend...........

The Academy is more likely to post clips of the Governors Awards on youtube so people can still see it if they want to, and they always make a mention of it at the ceremony in February or March. I wish they didn't separate the two either, but its not like any one of us are members and can articulate that to the receptive President. 

The Academy is more likely to post clips of the Governors Awards on youtube so people can still see it if they want to, and they always make a mention of it at the ceremony in February or March. I wish they didn't separate the two either, but its not like any one of us are members and can articulate that to the receptive President. 

Yes, I know but its not the same (at least for me) They do have them in the audience and have them stand up Oscar night......

Yes, I know but its not the same (at least for me) They do have them in the audience and have them stand up Oscar night......

Yeah, I didn't like that change either. I do appreciate the standing though on Oscar night. It separates the public in full, and I do miss that part of the ceremony- but I guess the programming department thought the ceremony was long enough to want to cut it from the main ceremony. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings