Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE STEEL TRAP

scsu1975

one of the few cotten films i'll watch.

i also missed 'journey into fear'.

i've recently noticed that tcm plays more of the lesser know flicks during the morning and prime time hours, but saves the manure (more popular and oft repeated flicks [e.g.: 'citizen kane') for late, late night viewing.      :(

it sucks.

Wonderful performance by Joseph Cotten. Since I used to lift weights, I was especially impressed with Cotten's ability to carry around a 115-lb suitcase, in one hand, without giving himself a hernia.

Wonderful performance by Joseph Cotten. Since I used to lift weights, I was especially impressed with Cotten's ability to carry around a 115-lb suitcase, in one hand, without giving himself a hernia.

Very nice, taut film, good even on a second viewing. Glad I knew how it would end. I hope he eventually got rid of the suitcase he threw in that closet.

Too bad Cotten didn't do more thrillers, he was also excellent in Shadow Of A Doubt. 

My mother used to go on and on about his hair when I was a kid. She also liked Tyrone Power and Rudolph Valentino, so go figure. I also heard about Vilma Banky and Pola Negri, and how bad Ginger Rogers was.

Interesting bit before the movie from John Gilbert's daughter and the flames created by John and Greta Garbo. At one point on Flesh and the Devil, she said the crew left the set to leave them to it. ;)

I think, therefore I yam what I yam.----------cute tagline, scsu.

These were the good old days of air travel. You could book a reservation a few days in advance and not worry about the price.  You could arrive at the airport just as the airplane was about to take off and not miss the flight.  You had plenty of leg room. You could talk to the pilot while you were in the terminal and suggest he fly through a storm, and the pilot would not choke you. You could tell stewardesses (before they were known as flight attendants) to shut up and close the airplane door, without an air marshal wrestling you to the ground. You could tell the pilot to call ahead and hold your next plane.  You could cut in line at the ticket counter and neither the ticket agent nor the people waiting in line would mind. In fact, one of the people in line would even make a suggestion that did not involve their middle finger. And, of course, if you had to race home to return a million dollars that was not yours, every flight would be on time.