Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beauties from the 50's

bhryun

I'm with you on this one, richardny4me. But when it comes to a woman with a perfect body, I'd say Cyd Charisse (who facially resembles Ava a little bit, I think).

> Ava Gardner was at her most beautiful in this decade.

> Think of her in Mogambo or The Barefoot Contessa.

Actually, elinorkrieger, Kim was mentioned below, or at least someone named Kim Novack (sic).

But, of course, Marilyn Monroe hasn't. I say of course because she seems to get such short shrift around here. She's sleazy, she's not really beautiful (only just attractive, if that), she has no talent, I hate the way she talks blah blah blah ... (She has her fans too, I know)

To my eye, she's a smashing beauty.

Definitely "beauty is in the eye . . . ." Regardless of differing opinions about MM - I really like her - to me she was beautiful. Even before all the "fakeness" - just as Norma Jean, I think she was a beauty.

Liz Taylor? To me she's never been beautiful. I've never ever understood the fanfare. Pretty? Maybe, on a good day. She's got good skin. Personally, I think she could very easily get lost in a crowd. Of course, I've always thought that the best thing about Liz Taylor was Richard Burton - but - - to each his own.

I was surprised Marilyn Monroe wasnt first on the list. I've always thought she was beautiful, and not a bad actress. Liked her a lot in "The Seven Year Itch" and "Niagara", two very different parts she did quite well.

I would also vote for Jean Simmons.

• 2 weeks later...