Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Betty Grable SUTS

Arturo

Yesterday we had Betty Grable's SUTS tribute, In TCM's annual token addition of at least one star.that filmed mostly for 20th Century Fox (in Grable's case,.almost exclusively once she hit stardom in 1940). The tribute featured several of her hit musicals at Fox from the 40s and early 50s, as well as the comedy Essential HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE, and her one nonmusical starring role, in the noir I WAKE UP SCREAMING. Plus with some of her 1930s supporting and bit roles, we got a good overview of her movie career. Thanks TCM, showing that it can be done for underexposed stars (at TCM), but no less deserving, even though their careers might've been mostly at.Fox, Paramount, Universal, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone needing another fix of Betty Grable movies, can do so this Wednesday, assuming you have FMX Retro (the former Fox Movie Channel, the half of it showing its classics with no commercial interruptions.

Here is the schedule on 9/10 (all times eastern):

6 am: PIGSKIN PARADE (1936)

7:35.am: I WAKE UP SCREAMING (1941)

9 am: A YANK IN THE R.A.F. (1941)

10:40 am: SWEET ROSIE O'GRADY (1943)

12 pm: PIN UP GIRL (1944)

1:25 pm: WABASH AVENUE (1950)

Anyone needing another fix of Betty Grable movies, can do so this Wednesday, assuming you have FMX Retro (the former Fox Movie Channel, the half of it showing its classics with no commercial interruptions.

Good lineup. I am looking forward to seeing WABASH AVENUE (a remake of CONEY ISLAND I believe). I have to say that my favorite, though, is SWEET ROSIE O'GRADY (a musicalized remake of LOVE IS NEWS).

• 4 weeks later...

On Monday, 10/6, Fox will again air the Betty Grable lineup above; the only change is switching the 2nd and 3Rd, with the 3rd now starting at 9:15 am eastern.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings