Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We now return to normal programming

ElCid

My enthusiasm for SUTS month has diminished over time, but that's only because I've already seen 90% of the best movies in it.  It's like the September pre-code Fridays----If I were a new viewer, there would be dozens of "premieres" for me instead of just one.

What is "normal " programming?  If we could take all of the films that TCM aired in August , put them in a giant bowl and then randomly pick films out of the bowl one at a time we would have  the same end result for the month.  But there would be no orderly "star of the day" . Just like loading up the CD player and pushing the shuffle function. :D

• Like 1

Until someone kicks the bucket.priest.gif

LOL

Yeah, true. But ham, doncha think instead of that little emoticon there, the following YouTube clip might have better illustrated your point here???...

(...I mean this IS a website about classic movies here, isn't it?!) ;)

What is "normal " programming?  If we could take all of the films that TCM aired in August , put them in a giant bowl and then randomly pick films out of the bowl one at a time we would have  the same end result for the month.  But there would be no orderly "star of the day" . Just like loading up the CD player and pushing the shuffle function. :D

I believe 'normal' programming means NON tribute based programming,  with the expectation that NON tribute programming is more varied than tribute based.    While I agree that the Star of the Month can lead to static type of programmings since the focus is on ONE star,   to me Summer Under the Stars leads to a lot of variety (just as much as NON tribute programming).    The reasons being SUTS is NOT limited to only leading players but character \ supporting players,  and of course there are 31 different tributes.  

So the lack of varitey POV with SUTS doesn't ring true to me.

Normal means a variety of actors each day.  Not one person all day long and into the night for a month.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings