Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 2 years later...

Indeed - who can forget Marie Osmond's star-making turn in Klute, where she proved she had real acting chops and wasn't just a sexy body as it appeared when sweet little Miss Osmond appeared in Barbarella. And then when Marie so totally BECAME Lillian Hellman in Julia. Wow! And of course she's so moving in Coming Home as well. And then to show such versatility by doing truly funny comedies like Fun With Dick and Jane, Nine to Five, and, um,Goin' Cocoanuts and then a two-part turn on The Love Boat...

I STILL WANT TO SEE SOME OSMOND MOVIES

GOIN COCONUTS/W DONNY AND MARIE

I MARRIED WYATT EARP/W MARIE OSMOND

WILD WOMEN OF CHASITY GULCH

I completely agree. I'd particularly like to see Marie in I MARRIED WYATT EARP and WILD WOMEN OF CHASTITY GULCH. I also don't remember ever seeing GOIN COCONUTS. I probably did see it at one point, but just don't remember. It's suppose to have a segment in it with Donny's wife Deborah.

But, with all this in mind, I also have to make another plug for the movie GIFT OF LOVE with Marie. I particularly like it since THE GIFT OF THE MAJI has always been one of my favorite stories. It's also a really good remake of the story in general. But Marie does give a really good portrayal of the main female character. It's very fast becoming one of my all time favorite Christmas movies.

Here are a couple of others..."The Great Brain" w/Jimmy Osmond from 1978(Donny sings the film's theme "You're There" over the end credits BTW)and the 1982 TV-movie "Side by Side: The True Story of the Osmond Family" starring Marie as mother Olive Osmond(RIP, Olive). The latter originally aired on NBC. Both "Goin' Coconuts" & "The Great Brain" premiered in 1979 on HBO.