Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tomorrow?

NipkowDisc

My day ruined somewhat or shall we say it's been unsettled. I don't need some blanking twentysomething bureaucrat callin' me up and interrogating me over some cholesterol med I decided not to take. it bothers me. this is what some well-known radio talk show host has termed a soft tyranny. All aspects of common humanity controlled. Why? so that the more sensitive humanity can lend aid and comfort to a longsuffering mother earth who of course herself is a sentient being...and she must be protected even unto the jeopardy of wicked humanity. what's this hafta do with meds? just one small minute area of the whole doubloon. Yeah, they'll give us our meds...but only on their terms and not ours. why not? we're just stupid ignorant non-college educated humanity. whatta we know? Little do many know what be waiting in the wings. be kinda like what Edward G. Robinson asked of Celia Lovsky in soylent green after Joseph Cotten gets crowbarred. "There are people in this world who want to take away everything you and I have. Could Simonson (Cotten) have been one of them?" What lies before us in terms of what can and will be justified to conserve this planet and it's resources? food rationing and population control perhaps? today the advocates of zero population growth are more or less silent waiting in the wings. once empowered by the gullible, will they then be so silent? Or once empowered will they then become self-righteous, self-justifying and arbitrary? All will be advocated and justified in the name of preserving and conserving the earth and her resources...for the people. Really? no doubt non-collective discourse in tomorrow's imagined brave new world surely will be allowed nay even encouraged. no doubt, no doubt. Aldous Huxley vs. George Orwell. We have been warned.

My day ruined somewhat or shall we say it's been unsettled. I don't need some blanking twentysomething bureaucrat callin' me up and interrogating me over some cholesterol med I decided not to take. it bothers me. this is what some well-known radio talk show host has termed a soft tyranny. All aspects of common humanity controlled. Why? so that the more sensitive humanity can lend aid and comfort to a longsuffering mother earth who of course herself is a sentient being...and she must be protected even unto the jeopardy of wicked humanity. what's this hafta do with meds? just one small minute area of the whole doubloon. Yeah, they'll give us our meds...but only on their terms and not ours. why not? we're just stupid ignorant non-college educated humanity. whatta we know? Little do many know what be waiting in the wings. be kinda like what Edward G. Robinson asked of Celia Lovsky in soylent green after Joseph Cotten gets crowbarred. "There are people in this world who want to take away everything you and I have. Could Simonson (Cotten) have been one of them?" What lies before us in terms of what can and will be justified to conserve this planet and it's resources? food rationing and population control perhaps? today the advocates of zero population growth are more or less silent waiting in the wings. once empowered by the gullible, will they then be so silent? Or once empowered will they then become self-righteous, self-justifying and arbitrary? All will be advocated and justified in the name of preserving and conserving the earth and her resources...for the people. Really? no doubt non-collective discourse in tomorrow's imagined brave new world surely will be allowed nay even encouraged. no doubt, no doubt. Aldous Huxley vs. George Orwell. We have been warned.

A simple phone call did all that? Stop thinking too much, it's gonna be all right. And if it's not, there's nothing you can do about it. Let it be and be happy. That twentysomething bureaucrat was just doing his job. Are you fond of setting off alarms? Do you like crossword puzzles?

A simple phone call did all that? Stop thinking too much, it's gonna be all right. And if it's not, there's nothing you can do about it. Let it be and be happy. That twentysomething bureaucrat was just doing his job. Are you fond of setting off alarms? Do you like crossword puzzles?

I assume it wasn't the phone call but that talk radio host.    Often when I take my mom out to lunch I can tell she is very angry.   I call this the Fox effect because she admits she was just watching 'news' on Fox.   I try to advise her that being so angry isn't good for her health but I guess she likes being angry.

I assume it wasn't the phone call but that talk radio host.    Often when I take my mom out to lunch I can tell she is very angry.   I call this the Fox effect because she admits she was just watching 'news' on Fox.   I try to advise her that being so angry isn't good for her health but I guess she likes being angry.

I used to try watching Fox for laughs but I'm afraid I often ended up like your mom, the Fox Effect. Can't stand it. I have cable only during football season and a propos the box was delivered just yesterday (in advance for this Sunday, hooray) and just for kicks I tuned in some cable news---it didn't last long. I gave up talk radio long ago (I used to listen to RR :-D ). I can't take the political scene any more (and related over hyped matter seen on cable cast). I know it's important and all that but it drives me nuts, I would rather read straight news off the net (if there is such a thing as straight news any more), but as to all the hype on cable, no mas.  I prefer, uh, crossword puzzles (as well as other pastimes). Phil Hendry, is he still around, I used to enjoy his show, great schtick.

Nip, after suffering through, and STILL feeling the lingering "after effects" of a "TIA" ( Transient Iscemic Attack), or what my doctor calls "A warning stroke"  most likely caused by a combination of things, like, poor diet, heavy smoking, not faithfully taking my BP meds, OR my cholesterol meds, 

I suggest you just TAKE the damned pills.  IF you're not indulging in the OTHER factors I mentioned, it's little effort involved, and might do you less harm than good.

I spend each day feeling numb on one side of my face, with a numb left forearm and left leg and hip,  numb feet and the accompanying weakness.

If THIS sounds like FUN to you, than DON'T take the meds.

It will at least give you something WORTH b i t c h i n g about!

Sepiatone

Sepia, I hope you get better. Too, I'm going through a medical thing, scary with an uncertain outcome as yet. Not fun, indeed. Gosh, some of the things I fretted over before seem now like utter nonsense. A wake-up call for getting priorities straight. Get better.

L

75807430-0a74-498c-807d-0486d30be4d6.jpg