Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hot Spell (1958)

NipkowDisc

As I was sayin' in my post on the off topic chit chat board about usenet. After a recent free trial my main grab was a very nice vhstvrip of Hot Spell (1958) Thought it was 4:3 full screen but I was wrong. somebody must've caught a presentation of it in it's widescreen vistavision format. dam, never thought I'd get lucky and get Hot Spell in widescreen. :)  Even tcm never showed it in widescreen but I got 'er in widescreen. Here's a screencap from my lastest encode after adjusting for widescreen.

The two Shirleys, MacLaine and Booth
11i1dsk.jpg

As I was sayin' in my post on the off topic chit chat board about usenet. After a recent free trial my main grab was a very nice vhstvrip of Hot Spell (1958) Thought it was 4:3 full screen but I was wrong. somebody must've caught a presentation of it in it's widescreen vistavision format. dam, never thought I'd get lucky and get Hot Spell in widescreen. :)  Even tcm never showed it in widescreen but I got 'er in widescreen. Here's a screencap from my lastest encode after adjusting for widescreen.

11i1dsk.jpg

If it's been cropped and bordered somebody please tell me so I doan look like a total maroon. :D

I do like this film. It is not easy to figure out why she stays married to him, though. I love the ending. Shirley Booth does a sensational job.

Yeah, you'd think tcm would wanna show it again after so many years. looks like the file I grabbed is widescreen and tcm I recollect nevered showed anything but a full screen print. Produced by Hal Wallis and directed by Daniel Mann with Quinn, Holliman, a young Shirley MacLaine, Warren Stevens and even Eileen Heckart and it doesn't occur to tcm to show Hot Spell again??? I thought tcm were these great cinema aficionadoes. Well, here is a film they oughta be showin' an they ain't a-showin' it. What? They can't get a hold of a print? I just grabbed it widescreen offa usenet, for pete's sake. Shirley Booth's performance as Alma gets funny at times too. They're eatin' her potato salad main course and Jack says to Buddy "The heats got this boy." and Alma chimes in with a comical sounding "Oh yes, it was terribly hot today."

Ya gotta love it. :lol:

They should had double billed it with "The Long Hot Summer" (1958) to reflect the  weather.smiley_emoticons_hot.gif

51BDCWGT7DL._SS500_.jpg