Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gloria Swanson film at Pebble Beach

nealone

As historian for Pebble Beach Company, I came across an article from 1923 regarding the death of Charles Williams when his plane crashed on Pebble Beach Golf Links. It was being “used in one of the scenes of a moving picture featuring Gloria Swanson.”  My best guess from the description in the newspaper is that the movie was Prodigal Daughters (1923); a movie not on any lists of movies shot in Monterey County, nor one I’ve been able to track down for viewing.  Is anyone familiar with Gloria Swanson filming at Pebble Beach, or know where I might find stills of this movie that show exterior locations? 

Type in 'Prodigal Daughters 1923' in the search line of Google.  You will see various Web sites with information.  Wikipedia has posters.  Silenthollywood.com has a poster and picture.  Click on the link 'Images for Prodigal Daughters 1923'  and 'More images for Prodigal Daughters 1923'.  You will see lots of pictures that will lead you to sites with pictures from the movie.  Ebay also has pictures from the movie for sale.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings