Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suggestions for Guest Programmer

I'm not a fan of guest programmers, unless they are intimately connected with the films they're showing. The best example for me was when Whit Stillman showed a couple of films that he directed.

I couldn't care less about anyone else's choices (except on the Board, of course, as part of discussion/argument), even if I love the person!

How about actor James Cromwell, who was nominated for an Oscar for "Babe" (1995) and won a 2013 Emmy for TV's "American Horror Story: Asylum"? His father was director John Cromwell, whose credits included "Of Human Bondage" (the 1934 Leslie Howard-Bette Davis version), "The Prisoner of Zenda" (the 1937 Ronald Colman version), "Algiers" (1938), "Abe Lincoln in Illinois" (1940), "Since You Went Away" (1944), "The Enchanted Cottage" (1945), "Anna and the King of Siam" (1946), "Dead Reckoning" (1947) and "Caged" (1950). James Cromwell's mother, actress Kay Johnson, co-starred with Howard and Davis in "Of Human Bondage."

I'd be interested to find out if the younger Cromwell would request any of his father's films. Or maybe one of his own, particularly "L.A. Confidential" (1997). His corrupt character was one of the best things about that Oscar-winning movie.

• Like 4

Yes, great suggestion. He'd be an excellent guest.

Sam Elliott. I don't know if he knows movies (but that doesn't seem to be a prerequisite, judging from the choices), but he'd be oh so purty to look at. :wub:

My suggestion: Eddie Muller. He is very learned and would light up the boards. :D