Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

fashion and the movies

karenkdempsey

I would love to see a night devoted to fashion trends in the movies. some of the old movies I watch have some outrageous outfits worn by the women. I try to read in the credits who does the designs. All I can catch is onetime "edith head?"

Try to catch the movie Fashions of 1934 with William Powell and Bette Davis.   Great fashions in that movie and some nice fashion shows are shown.  

Sometimes I lose track of plots, dialogue, etc., because I'm so engrossed in the clothng and accessories.  I think TCM might have aired a documentary about fashion in the movies, and, like you, would love to see more.

Adrian, Travilla, Irene, Helen Rose, Travilla, Orry-Kelly, Walter Plunkett, Jean Louis, and Travis Banton were a few of the designers of the Golden Age.  There is a lot of info on them and others on the internet, or you could look up a particular film to find the designer.  Many of them lead pretty interesting lives!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings