Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Follow Me Quietly (1949)- Good Movie

roverrocks

Just got through watching FOLLOW ME QUIETLY (1949).  Excellent fast paced film noir.  Glad I watched it as I had not seen it before.  Some really spooky elements into it: a dummy suddenly getting up and moving in a darkened room.  Packed a lot into it's short length.  "The Judge" was not a talkative person but he got his "message" through in a grim reaper manner.  The lovely Dorothy Patrick was easy on the eyes.

post-39625-0-22516100-1410385442_thumb.jpg

post-39625-0-22516100-1410385442_thumb.jpg

Just got through watching FOLLOW ME QUIETLY (1949).  Excellent fast paced film noir.  Glad I watched it as I had not seen it before.  Some really spooky elements into it: a dummy suddenly getting up and moving in a darkened room.  Packed a lot into it's short length.  "The Judge" was not a talkative person but he got his "message" through in a grim reaper manner.  The lovely Dorothy Patrick was easy on the eyes.

I missed the first 1\4 of the film but I did enjoy what I did see.    It did pack a lot into it's short length.   The only thing I didn't like (weill I find it kind of silly) was that final chase scene.    I mean The Judge didn't looks like he was a man in great shape (e.g. he smoked a lot).   So one would hope cops could catch him. 

Also The Judge was a better shot than any of the police.    Even after getting him in cuffs this little guy is able to get the best of the cop.    Oh, well I guess the director needed a final action scene.   I keep hoping we would get a White Heat type of ending! 

I missed the first 1\4 of the film but I did enjoy what I did see.    It did pack a lot into it's short length.   The only thing I didn't like (weill I find it kind of silly) was that final chase scene.    I mean The Judge didn't looks like he was a man in great shape (e.g. he smoked a lot).   So one would hope cops could catch him. 

Also The Judge was a better shot than any of the police.    Even after getting him in cuffs this little guy is able to get the best of the cop.    Oh, well I guess the director needed a final action scene.   I keep hoping we would get a White Heat type of ending! 

Yea, I agree.  The chase scene/ending was quite silly.  A little bit of writing work could have come up with something a lot better for the end of The Judge.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings