Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gozillaflix.com

Janet0312

Do NOT order from these people. I ordered the Boston B*l*a*c*k*i*e package and the picture quality stinks. They are dupes of dupes of dupes, or something. I can't quite make out if they copied the films from video or film. But even my Blu Ray thing can't make them look nice. I should have had an inkling when I called this fly-by-night place and the girl that answered dropped the phone and she sounded like she just woke up.

Oh, am I ever going to give them a piece of my mind. What's left of it, anyway.

I received a copy of CROSSED SWORDS, an Errol Flynn swashbuckler of the '50s, from Godzilla.com several years ago.

This is a film whose ownership is questionable and there have been some truly horrible looking prints of it in circulation for a few years.

The Godzilla version is far and away the best looking that I've seen, a beautiful Technicolor image of an English language version of this film that was originally shot in Italy.

That's the positive of this Godzilla print, and it's a considerable one.

On the negative side, though, the sound is often muddled, and the film only runs 79 minutes, though it is listed in Maltin's guide as 86 minutes.

Mixed blessings, in other words, but I have yet to hear of a better version of the film than this one, something of a must for Flynn fans, though I doubt that many others would be particularly interested in it.

As a collector of all things Flynn, I'm glad I got it. Until seeing this version of the film it had been next to impossible for me to make any kind of real appraisal of the film based on the visually wretched versions of it in circulation.

Do NOT order from these people. I ordered the Boston B*l*a*c*k*i*e package and the picture quality stinks. They are dupes of dupes of dupes, or something. I can't quite make out if they copied the films from video or film. But even my Blu Ray thing can't make them look nice. I should have had an inkling when I called this fly-by-night place and the girl that answered dropped the phone and she sounded like she just woke up.

Oh, am I ever going to give them a piece of my mind. What's left of it, anyway.

I ordered The Flame Barrier (1958) on a dvd from some outfit once and what they sent was really so phony. also on the disc is Robinson Crusoe on Mars which I didn't want. mine looks so bad when played like it must've been copied and re-copied many dozens of times, in fact, the flame barrier is unwatchable and Robinson Crusoe on Mars has no color it was re-copied so many times. still have the disc and the case as a momento. the phony paramount logo makes me start laughing whenever I look at it. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings