Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SAP Feature

Janet0312

How do you turn it off???

It's only on TCM and only on certain movies. I've tried all my remotes and can't find a shut off.

Hi Janet,

It's not TCM - it's your TV or cable..probably your TV setting.

If your remote does not have a button labeled SAP, MS or MTS it should be accessible via your MENU button. After selecting MENU, select AUDIO or SOUND and look for SAP, MS or MTS. You may have to select MONO or STEREO first.. maybe not - then SAP should appear with an ON-OFF selection.

Every brand of TV and/or cable remote is configured differently, so you have to just get into the AUDIO or SOUND settings and look around for it.

SAP's are not included with all shows. So your TV may have SAP set to ON, but there will be no SAP to hear. This will produce the "only heard it on a couple of shows" symptom.

I used to fall asleep and roll over on the remote and wake up with SAP running and all sorts of weird stuff.. I would hit button combinations you never even heard of.

Did you manage to turn yours off?

I couldn't find that feature on my cable remote nor on my Smart (ha ha) TV. I know it's there somewhere. Well, I've had to have the kid next door come over a couple of times to restore my TV when I've had the DVD playing and I couldn't figure out how to get the picture back. So I'll ask him to pop over one of these days.

I'm certainly glad we have this all figured out now. However, now I HAVE a question for the Kid here. 

So Kid, ya know when you said, "I used to fall asleep and roll over on the remote and wake up with SAP running and all sorts of weird stuff"? Well ya see, it seems sometimes when this kind'a thing happens to ME, though NOT with the SAP changed accidentally like you here, before I wake up from a sound sleep with the TV blarin' away, I'll sometimes dream I'm, say, wanderin' around Monument Valley if say some John Wayne flick was playin' on my TV as I'd fallen asleep, OR say, I'll dream I can play the piano(which I CAN'T, btw) if say I'd started snoozin' away while some musical was on.

And SOOOO, when that whole SAP thing happened to YOU, did you perhaps dream you were lost in some foreign country and you couldn't understand A WORD of what everyone else was sayin'??? 

LOL

(...this question is predicated upon the thought that you're not multilingual, of course!) ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings