Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not Quite 'Classic' Yet, but . . .

Mac_the_Nice

Just wait and see. Three movies seen just lately via NetFlix streaming that I think worth sharing for any who have yet to see them, or who may have comments on them . . . 

Dumplings -- Fruit Chan Gor 
The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden -- Geller/Goldfine 
Joan Rivers: Don't Start with Me -- Montoya 

Anything to be said at all about the themes of those first two would constitute a "spoiler". Suffice it to say that Fruit Chan Gor (Dumplings) is one unique filmmaker; the dialog is just sparse enough as to make reading the subtitles little or no aggravation. His use of bright, fully saturated color is true 'eye-candy' beginning to end. We'll be looking for more films from this director. Its content is shocking way beyond the norm, so, for some, like me, that's lots of fun. 

Second in the list is a documentary, fabulously constructed of archival footage of the original subjects in their bizarre 'paradise/hell' on the Galapagos during the 1930s, add to that, interviews with principal subjects and their descendants--what a story! 

As to the third--what more need be said, as to 'shock value'? Wow.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings