Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Al Capone

NipkowDisc

came in on the tail end of it tonite. Capone had just worked Keely over. This movie shoulda been better but for some reason it misses despite Rod Steiger's dynamic performance as capone. oscar-worthy if you ask me. seems like they couldn't decide between a biopic or a semi-documentary. the film shoulda been longer considering how ably Steiger gives life to the character of capone. for my money Steiger is the best capone on film. it's like Steiger is hamstrung dramatically because the writers and director want the film to be an indictment of gangland chicago. Martin Balsam's Keely is the lowest kind of bottom feeder and yet the film portrays the hit on Keely as some kind of great public tragedy. I kinda enjoyed it myself. :) what did keely think was gonna happen? al ain't exactly the type to just move on. so keely throws his life away because moran consolidates his debts. smart.

nzndjl.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings