Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

December 21 Primetime and Late Night Schedule Still TBA

HoldenIsHere

• 1 month later...

:)  Hopefully it is the premiere of Colleen Moore's WHY BE GOOD? (1929). This long lost recently restored movie. Moore's final Silent film is being released by Warner Archive on DVD today out of nowhere! A perfect title for TCM's Lost and Found series. Maybe they are even looking at Dolores Del Rio's RAMONA (1928), another long lost Silent that is supposed to be coming out on DVD and Blu-ray early next year. Hard to believe that the DVD is coming out ahead of a TCM debut., but I'm not complaining in the least. When it does premiere they should have Colleen's biographer Jeff Codori as a special guest to introduce the picture, or at the very least Ron Hutchinson from the Vita-phone Project.

10154390_10152807045584321_4279544068343

• 3 weeks later...

According to the December Now Playing guide which came today, it's an evening of Disney films. THE RELECTANT DRAGON, DAVY CROCKETT, THIRD MAN ON THE MOUNTAIN, THE VANISHING PRAIRIE and a couple of cartoons.

Obviously the magaizine went to press a month ago, so maybe that's what TCM planned, but the rights haven't cleared yet. It certainly would be nice if they had a new deal with Disney.

I see that TCM's primetime and late night schedule for December 21 is still TBA.  

I wonder if TCM is securing the rights for some wonderful surprises to air between 8:00 PM and 5:15 AM Eastern . . .

It's my anniversary, so I am sure they are.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that TCM will eventually air some of the Disney movies featuring Kurt Russell:

THE COMPUTER WHO WORE TENNIS SHOES

THE BAREFOOT EXECUTIVE

NOW YOU SEE HIM, NOW YOU DON'T

THE STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD

I'd also like to see the "Adventures of Gallegher" that used to air on The Disney Channel when I was a kid. I think these originally aired on TV in the 1960s.

I hope very much that they air: The Black Cauldron (1985).

It would be nice to be able to see episodes of Zorro and The Swamp Fox starring Leslie Nielsen.

There is a series which I believe was produced by Disney but it is sad to say that I can not remember the name nor find it in any listing. It was of a rebel. I wish to say that it was set in Scotland but I am not sure. There were smugglers. I believe it may have been based on historical character. It reminded me much of the legend of Rob Roy but I do not think it was based on him.

There is a series which I believe was produced by Disney but it is sad to say that I can not remember the name nor find it in any listing. It was of a rebel. I wish to say that it was set in Scotland but I am not sure. There were smugglers. I believe it may have been based on historical character. It reminded me much of the legend of Rob Roy but I do not think it was based on him.

SansFin, I think this (see clip below) is from the movie you are referring to.

The movie was later re-edited into a two-part TV presentation on one of Disney's television series in (I think) the 1950s or 1960s.

I think it also aired on the Disney Channel in the 1990s as part of the "Vault Disney" programming.

The online schedule is up now:

8:00 PM

short
On Ice (1935)

C- 8 min
short
On Ice (1935)

Mickey shows off his ice-skating skills to Minnie while Goofy does some unconventional ice fishing.

DirBen Sharpsteen
C- 8 min,

short

C- 8 min
short

Chip and Dale protect their acorn stash from Donald.

C- 8 min,

short

C- 7 min
short

Santa's little helpers must hurry to finish the toys before Christmas Day.

DirWilfred Jackson
C- 7 min,

8:30 PM

adventure
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color: Disneyland Story, The (1954)

8:30 PM
C- 120 min
adventure
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color: Disneyland Story, The (1954)

In this pilot episode of Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, Walt presents a preview for both his upcoming park called Disneyland.

C- 120 min,

9:30 PM

comedy

9:30 PM
C- 74 min
comedy

Robert Benchley learns about the animation process at Walt Disney Studios while trying to pitch an idea for a cartoon.

DirAlfred L. Werker CastRobert Benchley , Frances Gifford , Buddy Pepper .
C- 74 min,
CLOSE LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW:

D: Alfred L. Werker (live-action). Robert Benchley gets a tour of the Walt Disney studio in this pleasant feature that incorporates a number of first-rate cartoon sequences (Baby Weems, The Reluctant Dragon), offers some interesting glimpses of studio at work. Clarence "Ducky'' Nash and Florence Gill do cartoon voices, Ward Kimball animates Goofy, Frances Gifford shows Benchley around, and young Alan Ladd appears as one of the story men. Opens in b&w, turns to beautiful Technicolor hues.

REVIEW: 

Buy The DVD
00328577-787215_148.jpg?k=a8449b18&pid=3

Featuring some of the great short animated classics from the vaults of Walt Disney Studios, this DVD presents "The Reluctant Dragon" (1941), the story of a misunderstood mythical... more

$14.99 add to cart

11:00 PM

western

11:00 PM
C- 93 min
western

Legends and myths from the life of famed American frontiersman Davey Crockett.

DirNorman Foster CastFess Parker , Buddy Ebsen , Basil Ruysdael .
C- 93 min,

D: Norman Foster. Fess Parker, Buddy Ebsen, Basil Ruysdael, Hans Conried, William Bakewell, Kenneth Tobey. Originally filmed as three segments for Disney's TV show, this created a nationwide phenomenon in 1955; it's still fun today with Parker as famous Indian scout and Ebsen as his pal George Russel, whose adventures take them from Washington, D.C., to the Alamo.

REVIEW: 

Buy The DVD
00328097-787214_148.jpg?k=cecf25b0&pid=3

The legendary Davy Crockett is brought to life by Fess Parker in these two Disney live action frontier adventures. In "Davy Crockett, King Of The Wild Frontier" (1955), the American... more

$14.99 add to cart

12:45 AM

documentary

12:45 AM
C- 71 min
documentary

Story of the American Prairie as it was when vast herds of bison and elk grazed.

DirJames Algar CastWinston Hibler ,
C- 71 min,

D: James Algar. Narrated by Winston Hibler. Disney's second True-Life Adventure feature provides astonishing footage of animal life in the great plains, including the birth of a buffalo calf. Fine presentation with little Disney gimmickry; Academy Award winner.

REVIEW: 

2:00 AM

adventure

2:00 AM
C- 105 min
adventure

A boy attempts to realize his father's dream of climbing an alpine peak known as the Citadel.

DirKen Annakin CastMichael Rennie , James MacArthur , Janet Munro .
C- 105 min,

D: Ken Annakin. James MacArthur, Michael Rennie, Janet Munro, James Donald, Herbert Lom, Laurence Naismith. Fine Disney adventure about Swiss boy (MacArthur) determined to climb the Matterhorn (here called the Citadel) who learns more than just mountain-climbing in his dogged pursuit. Look quickly to spot MacArthur's mother Helen Hayes in a cameo as tourist.

REVIEW: 

Buy The DVD
00559706-474152_148.jpg?k=e2a8d2a9&pid=3

Based on the book by James Ramsey Ullman, this Disney epic tells the story of a young kitchen worker who attempts to scale a Matterhorn-like mountain called the Citadel-the same... more

$14.99 add to cart

4:00 AM

adventure
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color: Perilous Assignment (1959)

4:00 AM
60 min
adventure
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color: Perilous Assignment (1959)

Episode six of Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color looks at many of the far-off locations where Disney's crew have gone.

60 min,

5:15 AM

documentary
MGM Parade Show #15 (1955)

does this mean TCM and Disney have a new deal? and the programming for Dec 21 is the kickoff?

if so, what are the details. e.g.: live action only and no cartoons? how long? any premieres? any recycled old TV? (the Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier (1955) movie is actually a re-edit of the 3 TV episodes. Uncle Walt made millions.)

anything else?

ADD ON: oops, i see there's a post/link about the new Disney/TCM deal, and the Dec 21 showings are just the first of several more groupings. still, my questions weren't addressed in what i read. so, my ?'s about length, premieres, and old TV still stand unanswered. and anything else, too.

Looking forward to Third Man on the Mountain, which I enjoyed as a small boy.  I worked with James MacArthur in the late 1990s, really looked forward to meeting him. A man with curly gray hair turned up -- I was surprised -- but shouldn't have been, He was in his 60s at the time.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings